C4 Forums | Control4

HC-500 will not SCAN

Replaced my HC-250 and all is working.  My HC-500 that has all my music is working (music plays) as well but will not perform a SCAN.  When trying to SCAN it does nothing.  So it is not possible to add new music.  Looking at the HC-500 direct (Windows explorer)  I can see new music that was added using the ADD function.   But it will not appear in the Media > Home Controller HC500 music list (screen shot attached)   I assume this list is built during the SCAN process.  Any ideas on how to get SCAN to function?

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 5.41.41 PM.png

Thanks for your help!  The HC-500 has worked fine for 13 years along with an HC-250 as the main controller.  Maybe an upgrade in the software version at some point made it not work properly.  I tried using NEW and it allows me to enter all the info about the album and then appears (0 tracks) but does not allow me to load the actual MP3 tracks.  How is that done?   Also for clarification what is the Media Library and are where is it located ?

Ok seems there are no work arounds and it is time to sent the HC500 to recycling :(  I will use a USB stick with the HC250 for the music.  What is the required format?  Do I need to EXPORT my music from the HC500, store it and then import it once the HC250 is ready?  Or can I just copy the folders to the to the USB drive?   Thanks in advance!

You COULD remove the 500 from the system, but leave it 'alive' and with a static/reserved DHCP use it as a NAS. From there it gets added as a generic NAS, and you scan it like one.

That said, I THINK 2.10.6 still has media access (which is where you'll max out with the HC250) - but your system will need updating.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.