C4 Forums | Control4

New Halo and Halo Touch Remotes

WhyPhy

4 minutes ago, appliedautomation said:

AppleTV and Xfinity devices 

Would be AMAZING to actually see the long awaited and never delivered IP control with deep 2-way integration for Xfinity, not just for voice control, but also for channel guide on the halo remotes/T4s.  

1 hour ago, Ilushka85 said:

Curious how on earth the voice capability will work.

I am hearing that it is a passthrough to whatever system you are controlling from the remote. If you are watching AppleTV it will pass to Siri. If watching Xfinity it will pass it to their system. Right now those are the only 2 options. Hopefully others like Roku and Dish will become available.

I am hoping/assuming that the new voice button will do everything that the voice button on a real Apple TV remote can do and not just be limited to Apple TV control.  In particular to access HomeKit home automation devices (which, via DTI Homebridge, can include Control4 devices and actions).   There's no technical reason why this would not be the case, but Control4 may not want to create "confusion" (read: revenue competition) for smart devices.

Perhaps relatedly, I note that there is no reference to controlling *Control4* stuff with voice button--- just an apparent "pass through" to Apple or Xfinity.  Pretty odd omission.   I have to believe that Control4 are working on this and are perhaps not quite ready to talk about it.

1 minute ago, cnicholson said:

I am hoping/assuming that the new voice button will do everything that the voice button on a real Apple TV remote can do and not just be limited to Apple TV control.  In particular to access HomeKit home automation devices (which, via DTI Homebridge, can include Control4 devices and actions).   There's no technical reason why this would not be the case, but Control4 may not want to create "confusion" (read: revenue competition) for smart devices.

Perhaps relatedly, I note that there is no reference to controlling *Control4* stuff with voice button--- just an apparent "pass through" to Apple or Xfinity.  Pretty odd omission.   I have to believe that Control4 are working on this and are perhaps not quite ready to talk about it.

I actually think the passthrough makes more sense. Just use the existing voice controls out there. 

I wonder if there will be a "default" voice control that would be used if there isnt a voice controlled device currently being controlled by the remote.

It may do everything Siri can do, but it sounds like it’s only active when you are on the Apple TV setting. So you’ll have to be using the Apple TV for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.