C4 Forums | Control4

New Halo and Halo Touch Remotes

WhyPhy

3 minutes ago, jebt2921 said:

For setup does it just pull in your SR260 settings for everything?

What settings are you referring to?

Control4 remotes in general don't have many settings, and directly read / respond to the project state.

They don't typically require a 'download' of the project, or anything like that.

So to clarify, I'd say that there's no setup of the remote other than adding it to the WiFi, then to the Control4 project in the remote's default room.  Any room / device settings are pulled from the project automatically, and pulled again when things change and/or you change rooms on the remote.

RyanE

7 hours ago, JSTRONG said:

I have no problem with the Apple IP setup.

And my Halo remotes have arrived.

Setup could not be easier. The end user just scans the code and adds it to their Wifi using your phone.

Just to be clear - an end user can end this without input from a dealer?

I just got mine this afternoon and got it added in no time. One odd feature is the Off button has a confirmation I can't seem to bypass that my old 260 did not. The remote buttons only offer customization of the three buttons located below the screen, nothing for the off button. Let's hope that can be fixed in the next OS release unless I'm missing something.

5 hours ago, RyanE said:

What settings are you referring to?

Control4 remotes in general don't have many settings, and directly read / respond to the project state.

They don't typically require a 'download' of the project, or anything like that.

So to clarify, I'd say that there's no setup of the remote other than adding it to the WiFi, then to the Control4 project in the remote's default room.  Any room / device settings are pulled from the project automatically, and pulled again when things change and/or you change rooms on the remote.

There are a bunch of settings on an SR-260, like Color, Backlight Keypad Brightness, Display Brightness, Motion Detect.

I wish that you could control these settings from Composer HE.  It would be nice to change Text Color based on Watch Activity, etc.

3 minutes ago, zaphod said:

There are a bunch of settings on an SR-260, like Color, Backlight Keypad Brightness, Display Brightness, Motion Detect.

Brightness setting is configured on the remote. Home--> Settings --> Brightness

Sleep Timeout and custom buttons look like the only thing programmable inside Composer.

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

Just to be clear - an end user can end this without input from a deal

1 hour ago, evil0ne said:

I just got mine this afternoon and got it added in no time. One odd feature is the Off button has a confirmation I can't seem to bypass that my old 260 did not. The remote buttons only offer customization of the three buttons located below the screen, nothing for the off button. Let's hope that can be fixed in the next OS release unless I'm missing something.

I really like the way color buttons work

14 hours ago, zaphod said:

I wish that you could control these settings from Composer HE.  It would be nice to change Text Color based on Watch Activity, etc.

You are asking too much 😂😂 Am just looking for a $500 stable and working remote I can show off with visitors 🤣🤣

Got mine from Dawn! Thanks again. So far my impressions.

Halo remote is ok. Overall, I feel the halo non-touch is a bit tall in hand and unbalanced. Just feels oddly long and thin. Wish they did away with the number pad. Not a big deal, but if nitpicking on the design, the balance is off. The quality is ok. The buttons feels great, the screen looks fantastic but the body feels a bit cheap. Wondering if the silver would feel better. I have the black. Coming from Logitech Elite for reference. 

Also experiencing some issues early on. Missing some of the devices I have on my app for whatever reason. Battery life is not so good in my opinion. From fully charged and leaving in my theater room untouched, less than 24 hrs with no use, battery is showing roughly 30% left. My harmony elite lasted a few days without use. This doesn’t look like it will make it 24 hrs. Also, started experiencing network errors and unable to control devices after the third day using. It is responsive when working but the network error renders the controller unusable until you preform a hard reset. 

21 minutes ago, jlperez2014 said:

Got mine from Dawn! Thanks again. So far my impressions.

Halo remote is ok. Overall, I feel the halo non-touch is a bit tall in hand and unbalanced. Just feels oddly long and thin. Wish they did away with the number pad. Not a big deal, but if nitpicking on the design, the balance is off. The quality is ok. The buttons feels great, the screen looks fantastic but the body feels a bit cheap. Wondering if the silver would feel better. I have the black. Coming from Logitech Elite for reference. 

Also experiencing some issues early on. Missing some of the devices I have on my app for whatever reason. Battery life is not so good in my opinion. From fully charged and leaving in my theater room untouched, less than 24 hrs with no use, battery is showing roughly 30% left. My harmony elite lasted a few days without use. This doesn’t look like it will make it 24 hrs. Also, started experiencing network errors and unable to control devices after the third day using. It is responsive when working but the network error renders the controller unusable until you preform a hard reset. 

What firmware is it running? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.