C4 Forums | Control4

New Halo and Halo Touch Remotes

WhyPhy

39 minutes ago, Topspin14m said:

It may do everything Siri can do, but it sounds like it’s only active when you are on the Apple TV setting. So you’ll have to be using the Apple TV for it to work.

Yes and no.  I (like I assume most people) leave their AppleTV set to never go to sleep, so you don't actually need to be "watching" Apple TV to use the Apple TV remote to kick off HomeKit/Siri actions.  So it would just come down to how C4 implements this.  I.e., is the Voice Control button only active when you have an active Watch session with AppleTV as active source?  I imagine this is the default configuration, but can we change that?  

In the real world, I am using HomePod Minis in key areas so I can "Hey Siri, turn on the lights in here" (without specifying the room) and it "just works" (after settings things up in C4 and HomeKit).  But having another "location aware microphone" would still be handy.

For me, the value would be a location and *context* aware microphone (without additional physical remotes).  With HomePod, I can say "Hey Siri, play Ted Lasso" and it will play a PODCAST on the HomePod itself.  If I use the (real) Apple TV remote, it does what you would expect and plays the show on the TV.   If you are hyper explicit with Homepod, you can get it to work "Watch the latest episode of the TV Show Ted Lasso on the Great Room Apple TV."  But that's not very intuitive/smart.

I assume the Halo will behave just like the physical Apple TV Remote (i.e., it knows the context so will interpret commands in context of watching TV and will know I am looking for content ON TV and not content to play out of HomePod speaker).  Hope that makes sense. 

No I mean, I believe that the remote needs to be set to Apple TV mode to activate Siri. That’s how it switches between Xfinity voice and Siri. There may be a way to code around this with a mode that doesn’t turn on the TV but switches the remote to the Apple TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/28/2022 at 3:12 PM, therockhr said:

not yet. there is a Voice Coordinator Agent and its only available for Xfinity Voice and Siri.

Josh.ai just posted a video on their IG showing the integration with Control4 Halo and Crestron remote controls - worth a watch - about 3-4 minutes into the video.

2 minutes ago, therockhr said:

Good to hear. Hope to see more (Roku and Dish Hopper/Google). 

I guess to be more accurate they showed it on one of the other remotes they partner with but explained the functionality would be similar same on the Crestron and the Control4 Halo remotes when released.  The Crestron remotes shown are already released to the public so assuming that would be part of an update at some point when they also release their updated Josh OS 

So that you don't have to buy a Josh nano/micro for that room if you already have the remote.  or if you already had one in the room, the remote might tend to hear you better especially if there is some background noise, since its presumably within arm's distance of your mouth.

16 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

So that you don't have to buy a Josh nano/micro for that room if you already have the remote.  or if you already had one in the room, the remote might tend to hear you better especially if there is some background noise, since its presumably within arm's distance of your mouth.

And for the cautious, it would be push to talk, not always listening.

On 9/30/2022 at 5:46 PM, chopedogg88 said:

When can I buy the Halo?  it said Q4, however no specific date.  Any dealers selling on here?  $500 is not bad at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.