C4 Forums | Control4

Rooms Not Showing on Apple Watch

I have five rooms. I use OS3. All are favourites. 
My Apple Watch Series 8 only displays two of the rooms (Living Room and Settings), and the Living Room only displays one of the eight favourites within it. 
Any idea what may be the problem? The Apple Watch app is effectively useless. The iPhone app works ok. 

A3C97223-0907-4B4F-9ADB-CD622C84A3CB.png

B948A248-FA3B-406D-99DD-C3BE325FD619.png

99689C28-21A6-458B-8F31-2F7E497BC7EB.png

The apple watch can only execute favorite items that result in a direct action.
A light or a light scene, but not the lighting menu.
A favorite station, channel, album, playlist.
A basic experience button.
There is one exception to the above, the old school custom buttons which in OS2 would appear in the corners. In OS3 they appear as a folder button. Favorite that folder button will cause the watch app to open the folder and show the up to 6 items inside.

Imagine if it was tied to a wall keypad button. Would the favorite execute with just one tap?

If there are no qualifying favorites in a favorited room, the room will not show up in the watch.

The watch is not intended to be a replacement for the phone app. It's a quick simple keypad like device. Turn on lights, start music, turn off the house.

Very enlightening. Thank you.

This does of course make the menu/sub menu system configured by my installer somewhat problematical. I must now replicate favourites from within sub menus as top level room favourites to make them appear in the watch menu  for each room. I have to also add every playlist from my Sonos system into every room menu, and every camera as a separate entry etc. The Intercom doesn't appear to be capable of being accessed as you can't make a particular intercom location (eg Entry) a favourite
That's extremely clunky!

Is there a suggested method for configuring a system that links to an Apple Watch?

The idea and hope of the Home Screen and favoriting is to expose the devices you use the most to the top level so that you don't have to dig quite as deep each time you use the app.  Then those same devices would get carried over to the Apple Watch for even quicker action and shorter time periods in the app.  For those that like the Home Screen of each room to only contain experience menus, I have seen some take the approach of creating a "Watch" or "Apple Watch" room, favoriting all of your quick action devices there, and favoriting that room over to the watch.

Thanks. I wondered about an Apple Watch room. 
One example complication with that approach is that my TV actions select which TV to turn on etc based on the currently selected room. An action within an Apple Watch room would need to know what room is being selected. 
It would also be good if the app allowed cameras, alarming and the intercom to be used with cellular watches. You may be out somewhere without your phone. You currently still need the phone for these basic functions. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.