C4 Forums | Control4

Blusound over network

18 hours ago, The Remote Guy 13 said:

Quick question. I have not worked with a Blusound Vault server before. Will this send audio over the network so I can play back through an EA1? Or will I have to connect the Audio out from the Blusound to an amp.... Thank you in advance. 

Many ways but you can do the following:

- Connect BS server output to any input of any EA u have in the project and can stream that to your speakers setup, depending on what u have

- Connect BS server output to an input of your audio matrix so u have this as an audio source

I have the Node 2 and am steaming music natively this way to my setup wither via audio matrix or any Amp/speakers I have in my home!

To clarify: BlueSound cannot send audio direct to a C4 controller over the network (though it of course does to other BluSound/BluOS devices) - Amr above has the two most common ways of doing this.

To add, if the vault is no-where near the controller or matrix, you can either add a controller near to the vault to feed it into ... or add a BluSound node of some sort close to where the matrix (or controller) is.

Thank you both for the reply. I have it currently going into a Triad one with the digital output, and it is distributed to the other rooms. I have got the delays very close. It is just strange because you can not click on the Blusound logo and hear the music, you have to click on the Bluesound player,(the first one in the photo) to hear the Blusound,  and it doesn't always show up in the C4 app that the Bluesound source is selected in a room. 

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 23.45.15.png

3 hours ago, The Remote Guy 13 said:

you can not click on the Blusound logo and hear the music, you have to click on the Bluesound player,(the first one in the photo) to hear the Blusound,  and it doesn't always show up in the C4 app that the Bluesound source is selected in a room.

Have your dealer check you have the latest drivers (from the BluOS site, they're freely available - this was a known issue/limitation, but I believe it's fixed (not 100% mind you)

On 10/5/2022 at 1:00 AM, The Remote Guy 13 said:

Thank you both for the reply. I have it currently going into a Triad one with the digital output, and it is distributed to the other rooms. I have got the delays very close. It is just strange because you can not click on the Blusound logo and hear the music, you have to click on the Bluesound player,(the first one in the photo) to hear the Blusound,  and it doesn't always show up in the C4 app that the Bluesound source is selected in a room. 

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 23.45.15.png

Add the music services drivers and hide the Bluesound driver itself, this is what I have

ABEB04D1-39CD-4A46-80AD-38D3B1F07B5E.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.