C4 Forums | Control4

Yale lock - 1 touch locking

zg825

I have yale locks installed and hate that it can lock when the door is open. We often hit the keypad by accident when the door is open which extends the deadbolt. We then close the door without realizing and boom, it hits the door frame.

I was told from Yale I can disable one touch locking which means you must enter the code in to lock the door which is horrible. I see on control4 lock management, you can enable/disable one touch lock. When I tried to click it, I got an error saying it failed to save. 

im not sure why the lock management in control4 can’t save it but are others having that problem?

my idea is that I can tell yale lock to disable one touch locking if the door is open (through door contacts) and once door is closed, one touch is enabled. So the only way to lock the door if it is open is to enter the code. I don’t know if this would work in practice or if the enable /disable one touch takes a long time to work

I use the Auto Lock driver and disable the one touch lock.  It does keep me mostly from slamming the bolt into the frame, and ensures the lock is always locked.  I rarely manually lock the lock itself.

It does, of course, require that you have a door contact to know when the door has closed.

RyanE

Thank you. But I’m not looking for the door to lock itself. We rarely lock our garage and we usually leave our front door unlocked during the day while we are home. I am not looking to change that but rather stop the lock from slamming shut. 

I’ll look into the auto lock driver

Does the auto lock driver enable you to have control over the 1 touch locking? An idea of mine is to program that if the door is open, then 1 touch locking is disabled. And if the door is closed, then one touch locking is enabled. 

I looked in control4 , but I’m unable to select the 1 touch locking through the programming side. I can only edit it through the properties section under monitoring

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.