C4 Forums | Control4

Odd speaker interference and issues

Now that I've got my speakers all working again, I have found a small issue in one of my rooms. I have 2 rock speakers outside that are separate lines (One Left, one Right) coming from the Amp.

I noticed that my Right speaker sounded like it was blown and has a ticking/interference like sound. I hooked up the speaker directly to the amp using a short temporary wire and it is clear that the speaker is fine and not blown! So it's got to be something to do with the wiring/amp?

Here is one other very odd symptom that makes me believe it's not one bad wire. When I DISCONNECT the Right speaker and use Composer to transfer all signal to the Right speaker wire, the Left speaker still has a bit of sound and you can hear the interference/ticking in the Left speaker. So something is transferring over?

What could that imply? Is the Right speaker wiring stripped somewhere and touching? Could the specific output in the Amp be faulty?

I recognize I could start from scratch and test every single thing, but I would be thankful if anyone has experience with a similar puzzle and tells me a good place to start looking!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.