C4 Forums | Control4

Tidal logon issues

iza34

Hello- have a an issue with Tidal , normally it’s logs in fine but today it’s not logging on the C4 through any means .  It shows I’m logged out , I request the tidal logon web link and follow the sign on instructions and get the ‘logged on success- close web page”

i do this then go back to the control 4 screen on the touch panel which still states I’m logged out.  I’ve reset the pw on tidal and powered down the HC800and still no luck -  any ideas ?

Tidal Outage on Legacy OS Versions: Control4 is engaging with Tidal about potential changes on their end while we investigate the Tidal-related issue, unable to play, or login, on Control4 OS 2.10.x platforms. Even though we can reproduce the problem, we haven't made any changes and don't know why it persists on legacy Control4 OS versions. If an immediate action is required, this issue with Tidal is not present in the most current OS 3.3.x updates. We'll let you know as soon as we have more details.

As Mitch said.

I don't work for c4, and this is all assumption, but.. It may not even be Control4s fault. As the outage post you sent says, it doesn't happen in recent updates. The last Os2.10 release was 3-4 years ago.

In all likelihood, tidal changed something in their APi that broke things. The immediate solution would be to upgrade to OS3. My guess is it might come down to how serious the fault is and whether it can be fixed with a driver update or not. If Tidal broke something related to authentication, it may be Tidal slowing down progress (or might even come to discussions which are considered confidential by Tidal that they can't disclose without risking future cooperation with them).

Also, have you spoken at all with your installer or Snap? We tend to have to monitor a lot of different control4 discussion forums, because sometimes we find people sometimes discuss issues on them, but have never actually spoken to us (and often it's just a configuration issue on their end) 

I’d say it’s a tidal issue as ive heard issues with the same authorisation within Tesla cars -  I’ve no interest in paying to upgrade my c4 software and hardware , it worked well before and I don’t require any further features -  

hope it’s not a ploy to leave those on older setups to think about moving to a more expensive setup 😀

13 minutes ago, Empire76 said:

I shouldn't have to spend another $1k to fix an issue

No you don’t, but don’t expect Microsoft to fix your windows 7 issues, OS2 is EOL 3 yrs ago, I can’t blame them really!

1 hour ago, iza34 said:

hope it’s not a ploy to leave those on older setups to think about moving to a more expensive setup 😀

Almost certainly not the case. Especially if, as you said, the same issue is present on other hardware. This is very likely a Tidal issue/change as mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Empire76 said:

I am a Mac user and therefore update my OS for free on a regular basis...

Even Apple limits how far you can upgrade your devices. If you're running any hardware on EOL software you should not be expecting to get the latest features/upgrades.

8 minutes ago, Andrew H said:

Almost certainly not the case. Especially if, as you said, the same issue is present on other hardware. This is very likely a Tidal issue/change as mentioned above.

Even Apple limits how far you can upgrade your devices. If you're running any hardware on EOL software you should not be expecting to get the latest features/upgrades.

Agreed but you shouldn’t get current features taken away too - music streaming is very basic I’d say 

1 hour ago, Empire76 said:

I am a Mac user and therefore update my OS for free on a regular basis...

1 hour ago, iza34 said:

That’s why I buy Apple

You do realize that since Windows 7 you've been able to update for free as well right? Provided the hardware supports it. Same as MacOS.

And be it Microsoft or Apple's OS - you wouldn't expect either one to keep support up to run current programs (sorry ... apps) on the old (not updated) software.

Something got changed on Tidal's end (as nothing got changed on Control4's end) - Control4 is looking into what it is, and if it could possibly be fixed for those unwilling to replace hardware to get current OS.

Can it be (reasonably) be fixed? No clue at this point. Maybe wait until more is known before going for the 'they're doing it to force us to upgrade' card?

12 minutes ago, iza34 said:

Agreed but you shouldn’t get current features taken away too - music streaming is very basic I’d say 

So you SHOULD be asking yourself why Tidal likely broke something on their side, contact them, and tell them to fix your Control4 support... Why is the burden on Control4 to fix it? 

Nobody is TAKING it away, unless you're suggesting Control4 logged into your system and broke it after so many years to try to sell you gear? You simply need to get your OS upgraded. It's already not an issue in OS3. And the upgrade is free if you have the hardware (you simply need your installer to do the upgrade)

Also, it wouldn't be the first time Tidal broke authentication on 3rd party platforms, which makes me even more sure its their faulthttps://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/tidal-authorization-not-accepted-since-update-6793438/index2.html

As an alternative, Control4 does allow integration with 3rd party music products too which can provide Tidal via other means (which you could feed into your matrix switch)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.