C4 Forums | Control4

Wi-Fi issues

I have an old control4 system installed in 2011. Recently, I have issues with my Xfinity wifi. Changed the Xfinity modem and still the issue continues. Today, I disconnected ALL control4 connections from the modem and my Wi-Fi is super fast. Obviously, it looks like control4 is interfering with my Xfinity wifi.

any suggestions? Appreciate it. Thanks 

Control4 is VERY unlikely to 'interfere' with wifi directly. Indeed is the system is affecting it, chances are you'd see issues in any hard wire connection as well BUT:

-Could be that zigbee is interfering with WiFi (just change WiFi channel)

-Could be that by 'control4 connections' include a second router, which could be on the same range as the Xfinity (change xfinity router IP range)

-Could be that somewhere there is a network loop being created - you'd have to reconnect device one by one to trace it

-Could be in some extremely rare situation a bad controller or a bad driver is somehow flooding the network with broadcasts - again you'd see that on hardwire connection as well - tracing that would be similar to the above.

4 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Control4 is VERY unlikely to 'interfere' with wifi directly. Indeed is the system is affecting it, chances are you'd see issues in any hard wire connection as well BUT:

-Could be that zigbee is interfering with WiFi (just change WiFi channel)

-Could be that by 'control4 connections' include a second router, which could be on the same range as the Xfinity (change xfinity router IP range)

-Could be that somewhere there is a network loop being created - you'd have to reconnect device one by one to trace it

-Could be in some extremely rare situation a bad controller or a bad driver is somehow flooding the network with broadcasts - again you'd see that on hardwire connection as well - tracing that would be similar to the above.

Thanks Cyknight. Appreciate your feed back

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.