C4 Forums | Control4

CORE3 High Memory Usage

SSSB

HI,

Recently I upgraded my EA (2.10) controller to CORE3 (OS latest), after upgrade I am running in to issues " Performance High Memory usage"

My driving factor for CORE3 was to integrate my Zwave devises (From SmartThing's) to C4 

After Upgrade Issues encountered

1. High Memory usage
  2. Remote selection's not responding
  3. VDB not sending (Ringing ) on Cell
  4. I upgraded all '4' older Touchscreen's with T4 "8" inch (  on my older screen's Video intercom was never an issue), now the New T4 screen's are not responding to Video call.
  5. All of my Zwave product's are not connected. (The purpose of CORE upgrade was not satisficed so far with so many  "issues") 

Question :-

• Running Zbee & Zwave from CORE causing slowness?
  • Can a EA controller and CORE control be on same project and Run ZBee network from EA controller and ZWave from latest CORE controller>?
  • Any issues reported / encountered in tech community while working with CORE

Please share your feedback.. TY.. 

thumbnail.png

thumbnail.jfif

6 hours ago, SSSB said:

Please share your feedback

Who made the migration did a number of mistakes, I suspect an amateur or very unknowledgeable dealer, this is a bad migration, a forklift will not work, you need to plan it pre and post migration! They should first update EA from 2.10.x to 3.1 then to 3.3.1 to check if there are any issues with your drivers, devices, etc.  then afterwards, another migration to Core 3.

Why you say memory? How do you know that?

Core can handle both ZB and ZW no issues at all, also who said all your ZW devices will work with Core?

I'm the one who did the migration, and I'm actually not an amateur, and am very knowledgeable.  You clearly didn't read his post very closely otherwise you would have not made the assumption that he went straight from 2.10.x to 3.3.1...actually his EA3 was upgraded to 3.3.1, then the CORE 3 was added, then the project migrated...like I've done many times before.  Migration went fine.  

He can see that memory usage is high, because he has Composer Home Edition, and if you look at the CORE 3 in Composer it shows the CPU and Memory usage right there in the driver properties!! (duh?)

Also, Andrew, to answer your question, no we aren't integrating with Smart Things...he was trying to say that he wanted to migrate the z-wave devices from Smart Things to Control4.  They all work except his garage door relay/tilt sensors, which are not Z-wave plus.  I warned him several times that I make no guarantees that all of his z-wave devices will work on the CORE 3, as this is brand new functionality that Control4 just released in OS 3.3.1, and I believe they require z-wave plus to get full functionality.  In fact we are able to connect the devices to the CORE 3, they just aren't auto-generating the required relay and contact connection bindings so that I can link them properly to the standard Control4 Garage Door proxy driver.

I meant, my point is, high memory usage is relative. So, without knowing more about the system and how much memory is being utilised, it might be considered normal for a core system.

Unused ram is also considered wasted ram. You don't really lose performance because you're utilising 60% vs 2%. It's only an issue if it gets high enough to trigger swapping 

6 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

I'm the one who did the migration, and I'm actually not an amateur, and am very knowledgeable.  You clearly didn't read his post very closely otherwise you would have not made the assumption that he went straight from 2.10.x to 3.3.1...actually his EA3 was upgraded to 3.3.1, then the CORE 3 was added, then the project migrated...like I've done many times before.  Migration went fine.  

He can see that memory usage is high, because he has Composer Home Edition, and if you look at the CORE 3 in Composer it shows the CPU and Memory usage right there in the driver properties!! (duh?)

Also, Andrew, to answer your question, no we aren't integrating with Smart Things...he was trying to say that he wanted to migrate the z-wave devices from Smart Things to Control4.  They all work except his garage door relay/tilt sensors, which are not Z-wave plus.  I warned him several times that I make no guarantees that all of his z-wave devices will work on the CORE 3, as this is brand new functionality that Control4 just released in OS 3.3.1, and I believe they require z-wave plus to get full functionality.  In fact we are able to connect the devices to the CORE 3, they just aren't auto-generating the required relay and contact connection bindings so that I can link them properly to the standard Control4 Garage Door proxy driver.

Oppos, he is in good hands then 🤲 But from the post I read tons of issues:

- No intercom on T4’s

- Remote selection's not responding

- All of his Zwave product's are not connected

Apparently not the case!

10 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Right Ari was correct from begging he was not confident on Zwave integration..

he is helping on resolving issues.. Thank you  "Ari"

when compared the SR-250 Remote response EA VS CORE#3, CORE is delayed in response, when trying to change channel/ increase volume assuming it's not moving channel/Screen.. pressing twice it is  skipping the selection or moving to other source..

Now the T4 screen's are responding to intercom/ A/AV Calles.

15 hours ago, SSSB said:

Right Ari was correct from begging he was not confident on Zwave integration..

he is helping on resolving issues.. Thank you  "Ari"

when compared the SR-250 Remote response EA VS CORE#3, CORE is delayed in response, when trying to change channel/ increase volume assuming it's not moving channel/Screen.. pressing twice it is  skipping the selection or moving to other source..

Now the T4 screen's are responding to intercom/ A/AV Calles.

May be IR codes need to be checked for not repeating, the default is 5 times that’s why u may have skipping!

I do believe that when migrating from 10.6 to OS 3.3.1 if not done correctly can produce crazy results.  I'm having all kinds of problems.  My dealer couldn't get it working so someone from C4 tech support did it....still not working correctly and wonder if I should just start over with a new project or get another dealer to see about fixing.  I never had issues with 10.6, now all kinds of weird things.  I too have a core3 and see high usage but figured it that was normal.

I don’t have any migration issues my dealer handled very well , the issues I have are purely Zwave older version equipment (outlets and garage door opener) , from day one he was very clear on stating (all Zwave) may not be connected).. 

as I said I am satisfied with CORE3 mitigation.. looks like the high memory usage is common in CORe, any way it also stabilized  from last week now it’s using ~60%

On 11/6/2022 at 12:24 PM, chopedogg88 said:

Or maybe when moving things in the rack you bumped the IR emitter off of its spot on the cable box? 

This is my thought , along with High Memory usage the other issue under gong with CORE3 on my end remote response.   as I abbreviated earlier never have that issue on EA#3.

I can definitely rule out (" IR emitter off of its spot ")

Remote response/selection issue is across all. 

My observation when we are trying to change Volume ,  moving Page's up/down , Fast forwarded/ rewind  the remote is not responding as quick as it used to be on EA Controller.

• IR controlled devises
  • IP controlled devises
  • SDPC/MAC ID controlled devises. 

The issue has to be with in the CORE controller.  

20 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

I am wondering if the memory usage reporting on the core series controller is accurate or not... 

I do see my personal system running in the 60% area but cpu is nothing. I did have issues upgrading to 3.3.1.. even rolled back to 3.3.0 at first.. I had macros not firing, alarm panel issues, kwikset problems, etc. All are fine now.

1 main issue I found was if I had a long delay on a variable it would get hung up on it. not fire macros at all. I removed the delay and macros fired so I started using a timer!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.