C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm / sensor for a garage refrigerator/freezer

Steelermedallion

54 minutes ago, Steelermedallion said:

Any recommendations that integrate with c4 that will both provide a local alarm when power is lost as well as enable the ability to program messages /notifications from c4

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need 4Sight subscription for notifications to work, local alarm can be programmed as well to work with Axxess ZB Plug-in Chime for example. For AC off I use a tasmota flashed Sonoff but you can use anything else like Tp-Link to report going offline.

I use the Control4 plug-in outlet switch (C4-V-OSW120) for exactly this - it allows programming against going offline (which should give you a power outage warning well before things start defrosting)

Specifically I use the outlet switch itself for something else for scheduled on/off (car block heater), but it's plugged into the same circuit of my freezer, giving me power outage reporting (well, technically it'll report in for any offline situation, so you may get a false alert on a system update but I've seen no others beyond that).

In other words, I'm not saying plug the freezer/fridge into the actual outlet switch as such, just use it for the sensing)

12 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Specifically I use the outlet switch itself for something else for scheduled on/off (car block heater), but it's plugged into the same circuit of my freezer, giving me power outage reporting (well, technically it'll report in for any offline situation, so you may get a false alert on a system update but I've seen no others beyond that).

I have one of those for fluorescent work lighting right by my outdoor freezer... Never thought of using it for power monitoring of the outlet.  Good idea.

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.