C4 Forums | Control4

Composer Home Training Course

Matt Lowe

We are looking for feedback to anyone who may have been, was interested in our course, not interested in the course, or did not even know we offered one. We are looking at offering a new lower price tier to allow people to see what we have to offer, have a more focused approach to the programming of their system, or just simply support us with offering our expertise in programming. If you have any thought we would love to hear and we also have a poll on our patreon site to give us some feedback into what this new tier may offer.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-tier-option-74820619?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_creator

Not sure how your platform is structured.

My recommendation would be a credits system.
$100, 10 credits. This basic video is 1 credit, intermediate 2, advanced 3.
So for $100, someone ends up with the basic how to use Home. Or someone looking to do the cool thing or too, gets a couple of videos out of it.
No support, no email, no extras ....

1 hour ago, RAV said:

Not sure how your platform is structured.

My recommendation would be a credits system.
$100, 10 credits. This basic video is 1 credit, intermediate 2, advanced 3.
So for $100, someone ends up with the basic how to use Home. Or someone looking to do the cool thing or too, gets a couple of videos out of it.
No support, no email, no extras ....

Not a bad idea at all. We currently use Patreon to now host and collect our membership. I don't beleive they have a way to make one time payments for access, and access control would be difficult as well managing multiple users with access to only certain content. 

The hope is this new lower price tier will give those who wanted to check out what we are about with having to make a larger commitmentment. Or give someone a focused element of automation to work on that month and can use access to that video for reference. Then the next month would bring about a higher level of automation programming or another device to automate.

Maybe package it as an outcome result, rather than a membership.

Introduction to Composer Home $150
You get a course guide, what you'll learn, some time for Q&A at the end. Selfpace, takes about x hours, you have 3 months to complete.
(Essentially $50 a month, restricted to these videos, and a lesson plan and a couple hours of one on one)

I'm taking a pottery class, and went to youtube of course for more.
I found this guy, and his layout is superb. Beginner playlist, then an Intermediate, here's the path. (I'd have paid for that, but, free is good.)
What I liked was a clear structure, start here. And i went back after taught in person, and picked up some more tips to improve, as his videos were so well focused and labeled.
https://www.youtube.com/c/EarthNationCeramics

5 minutes ago, Nupe1911 said:

I would be interested so long as there is a bunch of content for learning home composer.  I had joined your site in the past however, it was not

updated that much with videos.

we now have over 50 videos on more than 30 unique topics. Lots of content and we continue adding more every month. 

• 1 month later...

I am biased here. Composer HE will allow you to do everything that composer pro can with the exception of the connection tab and a full system design tab. HE is even the same program but with the tabs edited or removed. as far as professionally installed platforms go this is the most far reaching software for the consumer i am aware of. Once your system is connected and configured you can just about do anything. This community is a bit quicker to upgrade but for most clients once the system is established really nothing changes until something fails. Otherwise you can automate and customize to your hearts content.

3 hours ago, howardco99 said:

Hello - I am a new C4 customer and experienced programmer, also with some experience with HA.  What is the overall status of Composer HE, and do  most users find it helpful?

Did you like Windows Me? Then you’ll love the interface. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.