C4 Forums | Control4

New Lighting keypads

tebery

Are original dimmers and switches still available that do not run on Zigbee Pro? Originally it was said they would be available for quite some time, possibly close to a year. How close are we to that time?

Same question for 3 and 6 button keypads.

Yes, there are some that are available but you must check with your RSM first to confirm availability.

featuring lower power consumption' date=' stiffer tactile response[/quote']

Do you have a reference for the "stiffer tactile response"? The WAF could improve substantially if you could actually feel when you had turned the lights on...

I had some new 6 buttons installed a couple of weeks ago and they definitely provide more tactile response than my original 6 buttons which are a couple of years old. But I don't think these have the upgraded electronics as I am only running 1.73.

featuring lower power consumption' date=' stiffer tactile response[/quote']

Do you have a reference for the "stiffer tactile response"? The WAF could improve substantially if you could actually feel when you had turned the lights on...

I had some new 6 buttons installed a couple of weeks ago and they definitely provide more tactile response than my original 6 buttons which are a couple of years old. But I don't think these have the upgraded electronics as I am only running 1.73.

There are 3 versions of dimmers.

V1 were the orginal.

V2 had better tactile touch and an antenna you could unwind for better coverage. Also had a stiffer mounting plate.

v3 are the latest and were just released a few days ago. Better tactile feedback, more memory, faster processor and are ZigBee Pro only.

Okay, let me just complain for a moment that C4 still doesn't have a motion detection light switch. Sigh. Okay, back to discussing the new lights...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ONvQ1UJWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

That would be nice, as I use a bunch of the motion detector switches around the house (laundry room, master closet, mud room, etc.). It's hard to justify the price of the current C4 solution ($250 for motion detector and dimmer) when I can get a standard motion detector switch for $18.

Okay' date=' let me just complain for a moment that C4 still doesn't have a motion detection light switch. Sigh. Okay, back to discussing the new lights...

[url']http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ONvQ1UJWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

That would be nice, as I use a bunch of the motion detector switches around the house (laundry room, master closet, mud room, etc.). It's hard to justify the price of the current C4 solution ($250 for motion detector and dimmer) when I can get a standard motion detector switch for $18.

There is a big difference between a standard motion sensor switch like the one I have in my equipment closet that costs $18.00 and a C4 dimmer with full automation control and ZigBee 2-way communication that costs $139.00.

Additionally the usual motion sensor dimmer is ugly. You yourself said you use them in (laundry room, master closet, mud room, etc.). The standard motion sensor would look awkward in a main room of the house. You would also have to deal with multi-way switch installations. I have never seen a standard motion sensor switch that will work with multi-way light switches. One might exist but I have never seen one.

There is a big difference between a standard motion sensor switch like the one I have in my equipment closet that costs $18.00 and a C4 dimmer with full automation control and ZigBee 2-way communication that costs $139.00.

Additionally the usual motion sensor dimmer is ugly. You yourself said you use them in (laundry room, master closet, mud room, etc.). The standard motion sensor would look awkward in a main room of the house. You would also have to deal with multi-way switch installations. I have never seen a standard motion sensor switch that will work with multi-way light switches. One might exist but I have never seen one.

I agree completely! They are ugly, which is why I only use them in low traffic / low visibility rooms. I have C4 motion and dimmer setups for my multi-way light switches and higher visibility rooms. (garage, upper hall, office) I was just agreeing with 3fingerbrown about the lack of an integrated C4 motion detection light switch. This would work perfect in my low traffic areas, assuming the price point is less than the separate C4 motion detector and C4 dimmer.

Archived