C4 Forums | Control4

Weird behavior from Somfy Tahoma Shades

A customer has a lot of Somfy shades throughout their house (20+). I initially got them programmed and working great. They would come up at 9AM and go down at 8:30PM, or whenever a particular light switch was pushed 3x on (for shades up) or off (for shades closed). Recently, one shade needed repaired and another was installed in the kitchen. I added the shades to the Somfy Tahoma like I did all the other shades, but now I can't get these two new shades to work with the programming commands of any of the other shades.  For example...

1. 1. The new shades will open/close at a specific time if they are the only shades in schedule.
  2. 2. The new shades will also open/close if they are the only shades programmed to open/close when the light switch is pressed 3x on or off. But if I add any of the previous shades to the programming, the new shades will not open or close but all the other shades will work from the programming just fine.
  3. If a programming event attempts to open or close the newer shade, they appear closed in the touchscreen and mobile app even though the shade doesn't receive the open/close signal.
  4. The shade will always open/close just fine when controlled manually from the touchscreen or app.

I'm really scratching my head with this one. I've tried deleting the shade and re-adding. I've tried rebuilding the device table. The only thing I feel I haven't tried is removing all the blinds and starting over...which I don't want to do. 😕 Any ideas?

I would check the driver lua output to see what is happening. I have a feeling this is something on the Somfy side that is not working. If you can see all of the correct commands being issued through control4 you know where the culprit is. Likely starting over maybe faster than narrowing it down any ways.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.