C4 Forums | Control4

Change actions of Items on Neeo

RedHodor

Hi,

Relative newbie here, I have a home cinema system being used with C4.  I have composer HE.

On my Neeo remote I select Watch, and am then presented with the options of PC, Xbox, FireTV and Kaleidescape.

When I select Xbox for example, the amp will switch to the right input and the projector switches to input 2 (one with a direct 4k 120hz feed as amp wont pass this).

When I select FireTV, similarly it selects the right amp input.

Im wanting the selection to also invoke lens memory on my projector, and the setting of the masking (both possible, as I can control both with different buttons set up), what I cant seem to do is find the programming behind the buttons on the neeo remote or find some place to edit them in Composer.

What I would like to do is when I select the FireTV option in the watch menu, as well as selecting the right input on the amp, I want to add some additional tasks.  1. set masking to interval position, which is 16:9 and 2. set the projector to instalation No.2 (16:9 zoom)

Similarly when I select X box I would also like this to set the masking and the projector zoom.

Any ideas where I can get to the coding behind the buttons on the remote?

I have tried creating routines to get round this by detecting the input change on the amp, and performing the commands on the masking and the projector as a result, but the driver for the Anthem 1140 doesnt seem to work that well in feeding back a change in input, sometimes it works, sometimes not.  Having the instructions written into the selections within the watch menu would be neater.

Any help much appreciated.

Programming Tab

Either at the Room Control driver if installed, or Room Level.
When Video source changes, if source is xbox do xyz and stop, if source is Fire TV do abc and stop, else do the default settings you need for kal,  pc and nav.

1 hour ago, RAV said:

Programming Tab

Either at the Room Control driver if installed, or Room Level.
When Video source changes, if source is xbox do xyz and stop, if source is Fire TV do abc and stop, else do the default settings you need for kal,  pc and nav.

Thanks for this.  Im unsure what you mean by the room control driver.  I have tried detecting when input source is changed on the anthem av amp, but this appears not to work.

Is there a way to see the actions being taken when I click on xbox for example - I cant see this anywhere in Composer HE, but it must be doing something because that changes the amp input and the projector input.  If I could find the programming behind these buttons, I could add the additional actions.

Apologies for what may appear a newbie question, Im currently on the steep learning curve of Composer.

Room control driver is a driver that can be installed to make a lot of things easier. 

I would not programmed based on the avr as it likely does not give that two way feedback to program off of.

I would programming off of the room commands.

Shill time. We offer a programming course for composer to teach you how to do a lot of control programming yourself. We use composer home too so everything in our course is focus on using Home and everything you can program automate and configure.

https://www.patreon.com/waltstv

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks All - I got it working using the room and selection of the Video input.   Many thanks for the help, it really is appreciated.

Thanks for the offer of a coure, Ill bear it in mind, but although its a steep learning curve in some regards, I do enjoy the challenge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.