C4 Forums | Control4

Suggested Multiviewer

Janssens

I'm building a quote for an avid sports fan.  His main rec room / bar area will have a drop down 150" projector screen.  He wants the ability to show multiple sources on the same screen.  Can anyone recommend a good multiviewer that integrates well into Control4?  I see the BluStream MX44VW, but I see it's only 1080p output.  Is anyone aware of a 4K output option?  Does anyone here have any experience with the BluStream product?

Just looking for some feedback and information.

Thanks all!

What's his budget? Does he need/want to have more distributed video as well? Would highly recommend any SDVoE solution. Almost all the big players have SDVoE devices now and with Control4 drivers. They're generally interoperable between brands but the biggest thing is they support native multi view with many custom layouts--all at uncompressed 4K with HDR

WyreStorm has some options. MXNet is about to launch their's. 

I'll throw this out as a decent "budget friendly" option for 4k multiview..

https://jtechdigital.com/product/2x2-4k-video-wall-controller-seamless-matrix-multiviewer/

We run 5 of these in office common areas (mix of the 2x2 video wall and single display multiview setups). I can't speak for how well the c4 driver works as we utilize a different control system. 

Jtech is based out of Houston and have always been quick to respond to any questions or issues we have. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.