C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Matrix Integration with Receiver

Topfox

Hey everyone,

Basically I have a Triad Matrix and Im trying to integrate it into an audio zone that is driven by a Receiver. 

Setting 1: I currently have the receiver set to the correct Input with a static High Volume.  Then in the connections I have the Matrix set as the audio end point 1 and the audio volume 1.  

Setting 2: Ive also tried the semi inverse, in which I set a static volume on the Matrix output, then set the audio end point 1 to the Matrix and the audio volume 1 to the Receiver. 

Not sure if one way is recommended or better than the other.  Is one of these options the correct way to do it, or am I over thinking this? What I don't like about either option currently is the Receiver basically isn't controlled by the room activation automatically.  I know I could add some programming to the room on/off to power on/off the receiver, just didn't know if maybe Im over thinking it like I mentioned and I should do it a different way that would also turn the receiver on/off automatically without extra programming.

Thoughts/opinions?

2 minutes ago, SpencerT said:

If you're trying to feed a zone out from your matrix into your receiver, you need to set your matrix zone output to fixed and the receiver to variable (control volume with the receiver). 

Do you then send both endpoint and volume to the receiver, or you split. Endpoint as matrix zone and volume as receiver

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.