C4 Forums | Control4

C4-KA

CrazyFire

Hello all,

I am trying to connect C-KA auxillary switch in a 3 way system. On the other end with line and load i have a APD-120 switch. 

Box 1

APD-120 (which is working) has: 

Neutral connected

Ground connected 

Line connected

Traveller(red) connected

Load ( Black wire from other box) is connected

Box 2

Aux-KA keypad:

Traveller-red, connected this to the yellow wire of the auxillary switch, Ground and neutral connected 

Aux keypad- kA don't have (line)power so connected the black from the box where the APD switch is and load black. 

I know this sounds confusing; I can draw if needed.

I have not been able to make the auxiliary keypad work, any suggestions please. 

Thanks in advance

Sounds to me like you have it wired properly, but to confirm/state it differently-

APD

-black wire from APD should be connected to line voltage which is typically a black wire (may need to pass this over one of the 2 traveler wires if its at the other end of the 3-way)

-red wire from APD should be connected to the switch leg/load (usually also a black wire)

-white wire from APD to Neutral white wire in box (usually they are bundled and stuffed in back of box)

-green wire from APD to ground

-yellow wire from APD to traveler wire (I usually use the red traveler for this)

KA

-yellow wire from KA to red traveler wire

-blue/white wire from KA to neutral

-green wire from KA to ground

rogerave4u

I have tried to connect the line to the Aux switch coming from APD switch but then it doesn’t do anything
Not even turns it off. Even though it made sense to what you said about the switch not getting power but I thought traveler wire does that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02f2bd8650bd454ffbea10394f5f1706.jpg

This is what I followed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.