C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset Smartcode 916

corpus3467

I had a Kwikset Smartcode 916 installed earlier this week and I thought it would have more functionality than it appears to.  We installed it after have a "situation" while travelling so the base functionality is giving us piece of mind.  Not sure if my installer had ton of experience with the locks or it just doesn't do what I thought it would be able to do.  Two questions:

1) In the App I can see a log entry when the door is locked or unlocked.  Is it not possible to also log and display which code was used?  

2) I thought I would be able to add new user codes via the C4 app but there is nothing in the app that shows that as an option.

Appreciate any insights.

5 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

and yes you could also add some programming to have the user codes logged.  Also I typically send a push notification when the lock is unlocked, along with the user who unlocked it.

I'll have to dig into this one a bit.  I wasn't seeing an variable to grab.  I'd prefer for it to show up in the history on the app rather than getting a push notification.  Or I guess if I can write something for only certain codes that I give to a contractor.

History Agent Cheat

You can write to the Control4 History agent from programming, but the only categories that will display in the UI are Comfort Extras and Locks & Sensors.
I haven't figured out how write to the Locks & Sensors because the system doesn't interrupt the "&" symbol properly, writes as "&" which mucks up the ability to view it in the UI.

And you don't have any control over the info displayed when writing to the Comfort Extras that would be meaningful other than a time mark.
It will always display as Locked unknown, or Open unknown depending on subcategory regardless of actual state.

So
Use YATUN's free virtual relay driver
Add a Control4 relay driver and link to one of the virtual relays, and name as Dave Unlocked Door. Put in a hidden room.
When Dave's code is entered, add programming to toggle the relay. You now in the UI History Agent can see the event: name of relay, room, and time.
If you want to know Dave Locked Door, you'll need a second relay, because you're just toggling the relay in this example to trigger a History event.

Can use for anything you want a time stamp and history for that isn't considered a Comfort Extras or Locks & Sensors
When playroom TV turned on
When Bobby's room light is on
etc.

If it's just for 'logging' as a programmer, then just write to the history agent as needed and view in composer.

Also note when programming off kwikset you have to enter the person's name from the app not their code. For instance if Jim has access with code 1234 and you want a push notification every time jim comes and then the door locks when Jim leaves you would do string = 'Jim' not '1234'. Has to be exactly the way names are entered in the C4 app. But I find it works wonderfully. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.