C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Hikvision Subnets Issue

KushHalai

I have a CORE-5 and a Hikvision NVR which has 16 ports of poe on the back of it. All working great they record and perform what I wanted. But when it comes to using it with C4 - there is a fundamental issue. The poe ports on the back of the nvr are all on a different subnet. Leaving me with this:

CORE5 - 192.168.0.20

Hikvision NVR - 192.168.0.35

The ports on the back of the NVR (cameras) - 192.168.1.2 up to 192.168.1.18

I am using the Hikvision IP camera driver from the control4 library. The Chowmain one is rubbish.

The driver only lets you put in a IP address for the camera. Normally on other control systems I've used - all I have to do is use this as the IP (192.168.0.35:65001)

192.168.0.<NVR IP>:6500<channel num>

I can't seem to get this into the connections tab.

The other thing I tried is to add another subnet in the control4 project. At project level - add the subnet of the cameras (192.168.1.2) to the 'allowed networks section'.

Then I tried to add the Ip of the camera eg. 192.168.1.4

But it just said offline in connections

I have an option to move my cameras over to a generic POE switch meaning I have to accommodate for this Ip addresses (12 of them!)

Or if someone knows a way I can fix this.

It would be much appreciated.

9 minutes ago, KushHalai said:

I have a CORE-5 and a Hikvision NVR which has 16 ports of poe on the back of it. All working great they record and perform what I wanted. But when it comes to using it with C4 - there is a fundamental issue. The poe ports on the back of the nvr are all on a different subnet. Leaving me with this:

CORE5 - 192.168.0.20

Hikvision NVR - 192.168.0.35

The ports on the back of the NVR (cameras) - 192.168.1.2 up to 192.168.1.18

I am using the Hikvision IP camera driver from the control4 library. The Chowmain one is rubbish.

The driver only lets you put in a IP address for the camera. Normally on other control systems I've used - all I have to do is use this as the IP (192.168.0.35:65001)

192.168.0.<NVR IP>:6500<channel num>

I can't seem to get this into the connections tab.

The other thing I tried is to add another subnet in the control4 project. At project level - add the subnet of the cameras (192.168.1.2) to the 'allowed networks section'.

Then I tried to add the Ip of the camera eg. 192.168.1.4

But it just said offline in connections

I have an option to move my cameras over to a generic POE switch meaning I have to accommodate for this Ip addresses (12 of them!)

Or if someone knows a way I can fix this.

It would be much appreciated.

Just to clarify, what problem are you having with the Chowmain driver specifically (as there are a lot of people using it without issue). 

The Chowmain driver also supports cameras using the built in NVR Switch (if the driver is configured correctly, as per the documentation).. 

Just now, Andrew luecke said:

Just to clarify, what problem are you having with the Chowmain driver specifically (as there are a lot of people using it without issue). 

The Chowmain driver also supports cameras using the built in NVR Switch.. 

The driver works. But the feed is only a snapshot. When pressed on in the app - the feed is just s still snapshot rather than a real time stream. And the events (motion etc) are not coming through in the bindings function.  I have used the trial - happy to pay for it as long as we can get it working

3 minutes ago, KushHalai said:

The driver works. But the feed is only a snapshot. When pressed on in the app - the feed is just s still snapshot rather than a real time stream. And the events (motion etc) are not coming through in the bindings function.  I have used the trial - happy to pay for it as long as we can get it working

It could be worthwhile filing a a support ticket: https://chowmain.software/for-integrators/technical-support

7 minutes ago, KushHalai said:

I had already done this 3 weeks ago. No one is replying!

G'day, any chance I can grab your name or more info on the ticket? I'm checking the driverCentral support ticketing system, and there is only 1 unanswered Hikvision ticket (which is only 1 hour old, at 9PM AEST time).

Also, can you please check your spam folder, as the response has likely gone to spam on your side. All Hikvision tickets which have been escalated to us otherwise have been handled 

9 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

G'day, any chance I can grab your name or more info on the ticket? I'm checking the driverCentral support ticketing system, and there is only 1 unanswered Hikvision ticket (which is only 1 hour old, at 9PM AEST time).

Also, can you please check your spam folder, as the response has likely gone to spam on your side. All Hikvision tickets which have been escalated to us otherwise have been handled 

Kush Halai or Hiten Rag

10 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

I had put one in today as well.

Probably check your spam folder. I'm checking our ticketing system and can't see anything there. Normally it goes to DC First Tier support (which we don't see), and they generally request you provide remote access (and it only gets escalated to us after that is set up and they've done their own checks). Although they may not have potentially handled your second ticket yet, the original ticket definitely would have been handled by them by now. Let us know tomorrow if you don't receive a response (and confirm it hasn't gone to spam). Tier 1 tech support is in US, so they should likely be responding soon (if they haven't already). It is unfortunately 10:30PM here though (so, most of our team is in bed and the DC team are just waking up). Finally, just to confirm, are you an enduser or installer?  

image.png.5845331353b59b541f53ed95f9ec9294.png

image.png.3705baa963faa9fea25961129b37b862.png

23 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

Probably check your spam folder. I'm checking our ticketing system and can't see anything there. Normally it goes to DC First Tier support (which we don't see), and they generally request you provide remote access (and it only gets escalated to us after that is set up and they've done their own checks). Although they may not have potentially handled your second ticket yet, the original ticket definitely would have been handled by them by now. Let us know tomorrow if you don't receive a response (and confirm it hasn't gone to spam). Tier 1 tech support is in US, so they should likely be responding soon (if they haven't already). It is unfortunately 10:30PM here though (so, most of our team is in bed and the DC team are just waking up). Finally, just to confirm, are you an enduser or installer?  

image.png.5845331353b59b541f53ed95f9ec9294.png

image.png.3705baa963faa9fea25961129b37b862.png

Installer. - I will wait for the email then

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.