C4 Forums | Control4

New C4 Customer Question 2 - is there a reference for keypad programming

howardco99

Can you point me to something that describes the different options for use of a keypad - touch modes, lighting options, colors, etc.  I am a pretty experienced programmer and want to understand what can be done with the keypads.   At this point, I want information to direct the integrator and customize our installation, but will eventually be interested in the Composer HE to make changes directly. 

Thanks in advance!

theoretically you can program a keypad button to do anything in the project you would like. They can serve as info to give you feedback on the state of your home, they could be used to trigger lighting, media, or home scenes. You could program them to motorization devices, speeds, or even to count for what ever you may need. 

You can use composer home or When/Then to program them as well. 

We recently just migrated to patreon exclusively to host our training course and you can preview some of our latest videos there. We have over 50 videos and adding more each month.

patreon.com/waltstv

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.