C4 Forums | Control4

Touchscreen not loading camera stream with navigator agent

In my home I have 3 touchscreens (10" T4 In-Wall Touchscreen C4-T4IW10) in separate rooms. I programmed them to navigate to the front door camera stream using a Navigation Agent  when my Control4 Chime registers motion activity.

Only thing is that 2 of the 3 screens perfectly jump to the camera stream, while the last screen jumps but doesn't load the stream. Instead it shows an icon of a striked through camera. 

Odd thing is that it will only load the stream via navigation jump if I manually navigated to the camera within 5 minutes (or so) beforehand. Only when the screen is left alone for a while it will never load the camera stream correctly when the navigation agent asks to do so.

I've rebooted the unit several times, and I've rebooted the whole control4 system too so I'm running out of ideas. What could this be?

Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 2.59.52 PM.png

IMG_9746.jpg

14 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Have you tried jumping to the camera on one navigator at a time?

Yes I have and unfortunately no result. I even added some delay between the jumps just to rule anything out. Also the order does not matter, it's always the same touchscreen that's faulty (Touchpanel Keuken).

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 11.13.50 AM.png

On 12/30/2022 at 1:51 PM, vleen said:

And just to clarify: when someone presses the doorbell on my Chime, the stream comes up perfectly on the same touchscreen.

It's just when it's prompted to jump to the camera using the navigation agent where it behaves faulty. 

Do the Chime specs mention anything about max. simultaneous streams? I know my HIK cameras only support 6 due to processing limits (for the individually-negotiated connections C4 devices use, in my case).

That said, since I've been on 3.3.1 all kinds of programming/agents have been buggy, and I had to delete and re-add the (same) navigation programming to get those working again.

15 hours ago, booch said:

Do the Chime specs mention anything about max. simultaneous streams?

I’m not sure, but it won’t prompt on this one specific touchscreen regardless of how many touchscreens are asked to do so.

Even if I only prompt that one it won’t come up so I guess that doesn’t play a role.

I've had similar reliability issues trying to do something similar to you (display camera on multiple TSs at the same time - in my case between 5-7 TSs both wireless and wired) based on vehicle detection trigger.  The trigger works perfectly but sometimes the camera image displays on all and sometimes some and sometimes none.  I'm still trying to determine if this has to do with the camera driver or the agent so haven't isolated the problem myself......hoping this camera agent is improved in the next update to include snapshots from a different location so the unifi camera drivers can support that directly in the future - and address bugs (if this is a bug)

On 1/5/2023 at 6:47 PM, Matt Lowe said:

Alot of the time when you get no video it has to do with video resolution bit rate and frame rate. Try lowering all of these a bit at a time and see if it becomes more reliable.  Otherwise you need to have someone look at the logs to find out why it is failing.

I've lowered the bit rate and frame rate but with no success. The other two touchscreens are fine though.

Do you know what category logs I would have to look at? I can see in the director logs that the command is sent to every touchscreen but I don't see any errors pop up there. Where would I find these error logs?

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 5.03.38 PM.png

One thing I noticed by the way, I thought I had three 10" screens, but I only noticed today that two of them are 8" and one is 10". And coincidentally the only screen that's faulty is the one 10" screen...

So I have two C4-T4IW8 that work perfectly fine, and one C4-T4IW10 that appears to have problems with the camera stream.

Could this then be a software issue that's related to the specific hardware installed? So for other 8" screens there wouldn't be a problem, only for the 10" screens?

In the meantime my dealer has updated my OS to 3.3.1

The touchscreens, however, my dealers says this is the latest software. They have updated from version 628678-res to 639488-res.

But the my dealer says the touchscreens won’t update past 322.43.0.10 so I’m kind of lost here…

20 hours ago, vleen said:

In the meantime my dealer has updated my OS to 3.3.1

The touchscreens, however, my dealers says this is the latest software. They have updated from version 628678-res to 639488-res.

But the my dealer says the touchscreens won’t update past 322.43.0.10 so I’m kind of lost here…

I’ve got a number of T4s and lots of cameras which work fine (including jumping to them).  In theory, I am fully up to date and my software is identical to what you have here…

That said, your dealer should be able to sort this (with help from tech support).

Edited by South Africa C4 user

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.