C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset lock installation - ZWAVE

I have never installed anything ZWAVE before - but now that I have a CORE 5 which has ZWAVE included I would like to install a couple of Kwikset locks that have ZWAVE connectivity in them.

I installed the driver for the KWIKSET locks but when I try to attach them it indicates that "there are no Z wave controllers".

Can someone give me a quick tutorial on where to go to turn on the ZWAVE controller please?

Also - how far can the locks be from the ZWAVE controller (Core 5?)

Does ZWAVE use the light switches as well as ZIGBEE does so that they can be just close to some light switch and find its was back to the Core 5?

Thanks,

Bill

I don't think the Zwave radios in the Core controllers is turned on yet. I think C4 is still waiting on regulatory approval for that. But this might be outdated info. Also, even if the radios are on, I think the list of compatible Zwave devices is still very small, just like when the Zwave dongle was available with the EA controllers. All of this is from memory, which may not be accurate!

18 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

The zwave is turned on and works great wirh Kwikset zwave locks. You just go to connections in composer and then zwave and enable the controller. 

I go to Connections

I click on the Zwave tab

I see the driver for the kwikset lock

If I click no it or do anything on that page it indicates that I need to have a Zwave controllre.

I see no option on enabling the controller on that screen/page.

Can you think of anything else tha I might need to do first?

Bill

On 1/8/2023 at 5:19 PM, johnpg said:

Does anyone know which Kwikset Z-Wave locks are supported? Also, do they work with the Z-Wave dongle for the older EA controllers? Is there an updated list of supported Z-Wave devices anywhere?

Yes - it looks like the 9XX series is supported and the 6xx is not - unfortunately I have 610 and 620 locks - these are the newer ones and from what I see the 9xx series was being discontinued as it used an older chip/protocol.

If anyone knows how to get a 610 driver or 620 driver for ZWAVE in Control4, I would REALLY like to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Cho

On 1/6/2023 at 2:49 PM, chopedogg88 said:

The zwave is turned on and works great wirh Kwikset zwave locks. You just go to connections in composer and then zwave and enable the controller. 

The Z-wave driver for Kwikset in from Oct 2019. Is there a more recent one for the new Core 5 controllers? And are all Kwikset Z-wave locks or chipset modules supported? Very confusing...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.