C4 Forums | Control4

OPPO DVD player

AS2

Hey Guys, I do indeed have an oppo DVD player. In general, it is by far the best bang for your buck DVD player out there. I have mine connected to a Pioneer Plasma (5050) and to a Denon 4806. Opinions are subjective, but I think the picture quality through the DVI connection is fantastic. The menus and load times are very fast. I control the unit via IR coming from a C4 Media controller. Please note there are no discreet codes available or planned and there is no serial control. I have experienced a few software based issues twice. Once the lip sync started to get progressively off during a movie which a quick start and stop fixed and on the same DVD it once started to play at roughly 2x speed (including audio). Outside of this DVD I have had zero problems and have played many movies since that time. I would recommend you give it a try. It is software upgradeable via a download from the oppodigital website. Any other questions I can answer???

if someone can tell me how to pull the driver off of composer I will gladly post it on this and Brent's forum.

• 1 year later...

Works flawlessly. Only thing Im fumbling with is where it should be showing up on the remote?

I've got the DVR button mapped to 1-press turn on and select the DISH VIP 722, and (for lack of any other idea) I mapped the PIP button to do the same for the DVD Oppo. Only thing is I see the DISH VIP 722 listed under the tv menu on the remote, but the DVD Oppo is nowhere to be found?

Good I'm glad the driver worked. Let me know if you end up needing more functionality. I just used programmed the basic DVD functions, but there were a few shortcuts specific to that remote that I left off. I don't think you'll need them, but you never know. Anyways, the DVD player should show up under "videos"

Its funny, it actually works better then the IR repeater I had setup before which would miss commands on occasion. I'll see if anything comes up, so far I just tried the basics and all is good.

Yes, I thought thats where it was supposed to show also? However, it is not listed. The browse, projector, and receiver are all that are listed?

Archived