C4 Forums | Control4

Network Connectivity Issues with NEEO Remtoe

3 hours ago, cnicholson said:

I think it must be a combo of some parts used in *some* Neeos being bad and/or assembled defectively and/or buggy firmware and/or don't play nice with *some* WAPs.   So, while I place blame on my particular Neeo, I don't think all Neeos are inherently shitty....

It is, sorry for being harsh but a $500 remote should be rock solid with excellent components, am not the one who picked up the shittiest WiFi chip (TI) on the planet!

Again, Sensibo a company that had designed their Gen 1 product with the same crap TI chip had replaced most of its units for free for early buyers like myself, of course $150 device is not like $500 but Neeo’s should be recycled with better radios and shipped back!

10 hours ago, penn65000 said:

They should replace free. This is a crappy radio plain and simple. 

It's not always the reason to be honest. We come across a lot of installs with bad networks, and even bad drivers can cause issues (we've fixed all of our known issues with Neeo though in our drivers, but certain operations which can seem valid in the code can cause the project to be often re-downloaded, which we fixed after they were identified, and took measures to prevent it happening again).

On Unifi as an example, you should also do stuff like set up UAPSD (which should be enabled on most modern networks anyway, and it baffles me why disabled is the default still).

UAPSD may also make a difference, as it allows devices to quickly reconnect when waking up, because it means the radio can sleep, and wakeup later without fully reconnecting again (and you should have it enabled anyway, since it saves power on mobile phones and such too).

6 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

It's not always the reason to be honest. We come across a lot of installs with bad networks, and even bad drivers can cause issues (we've fixed all of our known issues with Neeo though in our drivers, but certain operations which can seem valid in the code can cause the project to be often re-downloaded, which we fixed after they were identified, and took measures to prevent it happening again).

On Unifi as an example, you should also do stuff like set up UAPSD (which should be enabled on most modern networks anyway, and it baffles me why disabled is the default still).

UAPSD may also make a difference, as it allows devices to quickly reconnect when waking up, because it means the radio can sleep, and wakeup later without fully reconnecting again (and you should have it enabled anyway, since it saves power on mobile phones and such too).

In the situations that you are describing, would the NEEO start working again if you rebooted the NEEO? I have experienced a very specific pattern: NEEO works fine for about ten days than suddenly is extremely slow to do any operation, with spinning wheel and a couple of error messages; this is only rectified by rebooting the WAP; rebooting NEEO changes nothing. Also, what are symptoms of a project type problem? What behaviours would cause you to investigate the project as the possible cause?

13 hours ago, PumpUpVolume said:

In the situations that you are describing, would the NEEO start working again if you rebooted the NEEO? I have experienced a very specific pattern: NEEO works fine for about ten days than suddenly is extremely slow to do any operation, with spinning wheel and a couple of error messages; this is only rectified by rebooting the WAP; rebooting NEEO changes nothing. Also, what are symptoms of a project type problem? What behaviours would cause you to investigate the project as the possible cause?

Not really a project type error.. More just the neeo will keep reloading the config regularly. Old version of our shelly drivers is an example of a drivers which did this (and it was more caused by a undocumented control4 behavior i wasn't aware of, rather than a legit bug actually, but only seemed to affect NEEO's. I think Snap were the first to identify the issue). Rebooting the NEEO wouldn't fix it. Your installer also might want to ensure your controller is running stable too, without much load

I haven't seen the issues you're describing though (but I'm not an installer these days), and I'd need to know what error messages. But, could be worth speaking to C4/your dealer. Rebooting the WAP's should never fix anything regardless honestly. You'd also want to ensure you're running the latest C4 OS version

10 hours ago, cnicholson said:

I'm trying this now.  Thanks for tip.

Yeah.. Power savings are often more than 10% for some people: https://routerguide.net/wmm-apsd-on-or-off/ goes into more detail. IMHO, unless you have issues, it should be on anyway these days. Not sure to what extent NEEO uses it though (unless you're using really old 802.11n or/and crappy AP's)

10 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

Not really a project type error.. More just the neeo will keep reloading the config regularly. Old version of our shelly drivers is an example of a drivers which did this (and it was more caused by a undocumented control4 behavior i wasn't aware of, rather than a legit bug actually, but only seemed to affect NEEO's. I think Snap were the first to identify the issue). Rebooting the NEEO wouldn't fix it. Your installer also might want to ensure your controller is running stable too, without much load

I haven't seen the issues you're describing though (but I'm not an installer these days), and I'd need to know what error messages. But, could be worth speaking to C4/your dealer. Rebooting the WAP's should never fix anything regardless honestly. You'd also want to ensure you're running the latest C4 OS version

Yeah.. Power savings are often more than 10% for some people: https://routerguide.net/wmm-apsd-on-or-off/ goes into more detail. IMHO, unless you have issues, it should be on anyway these days. Not sure to what extent NEEO uses it though (unless you're using really old 802.11n or/and crappy AP's)

I'd really appreciate any further insight you can provide. My C4 dealer doesn't want to have anything to do with the NEEO issues I'm experiencing. They simply state, "it must be your network"; and they don't want to have anything to do with "my network". And, that is all the help I've been able to get from them. Apparently, I am the only customer to whom they've ever sold a NEEO - and only at my request.

Some additional information related to your comment:

• I see the message "Loading - Getting the latest settings" every single time I change rooms on the NEEO; I've always assumed this is normal. Is it normal?
  • The OS version on my EA3 is 3.3.2.651293-res
  • We have a simple system (one TV, one HTR, one cable box, one ATV, one ultra-blu-ray, three zones/rooms, two of which are audio only) and, according to my C4 dealer, there is a lot of remaining capacity on the controller; we don't use C4 for anything other than the one TV; all our home automation is handled by other systems.
  • If I run system diagnostics in Composer I see very light CPU usage and less than 25% memory usage
  • What are "shelly" drivers?
  • The error messages and spinning wheel we see when this problem onsets are depicted below
  • image.thumb.jpeg.fdd2727db6fbd6d8a706d7be2dea6146.jpegre shown below.image.thumb.jpeg.c828f2cee5f47b01b4521c987c76dec0.jpeg

NEEO Network Error - screen shot.jpeg

NEEO spinning wheel.jpeg

3 hours ago, PumpUpVolume said:

I'd really appreciate any further insight you can provide. My C4 dealer doesn't want to have anything to do with the NEEO issues I'm experiencing. They simply state, "it must be your network"; and they don't want to have anything to do with "my network". And, that is all the help I've been able to get from them. Apparently, I am the only customer to whom they've ever sold a NEEO - and only at my request.

• I see the message "Loading - Getting the latest settings" every single time I change rooms on the NEEO; I've always assumed this is normal. Is it normal?
  • We have a simple system (one TV, one HTR, one cable box, one ATV, one ultra-blu-ray, three zones/rooms, two of which are audio only) and, according to my C4 dealer, there is a lot of remaining capacity on the controller; we don't use C4 for anything other than the one TV; all our home automation is handled by other systems.
  • If I run system diagnostics in Composer I see very light CPU usage and less than 25% memory usage
  • The error messages and spinning wheel we see when this problem onsets are depicted below
  • image.thumb.jpeg.fdd2727db6fbd6d8a706d7be2dea6146.jpegre shown below.image.thumb.jpeg.c828f2cee5f47b01b4521c987c76dec0.jpeg

NEEO Network Error - screen shot.jpeg

NEEO spinning wheel.jpeg

What AP's are you using?

12 hours ago, PumpUpVolume said:

• The error messages and spinning wheel we see when this problem onsets are depibelow

I just wanted to stop by and say your dealer is a POS and you should fire them. Above all else this is a Control4 product on a Control4 system they are responsible for and I as a long standing professional in this industry have little patience for this anymore. We DONT always have anwers or solutions for things that happen or products that end up not as wonderful as orignaly anticipated but “doesn’t want anything to with that” (on a sold and provided C4 product) or “it must be your network” means they are GROSSLY inexperienced or just full of BS but either way they have no interst in you as a cusomer besides making money.  

now back to the Neeo conversation… 

37 minutes ago, Control4Savant said:

I just wanted to stop by and say your dealer is a POS and you should fire them. Above all else this is a Control4 product on a Control4 system they are responsible for and I as a long standing professional in this industry have little patience for this anymore. We DONT always have anwers or solutions for things that happen or products that end up not as wonderful as orignaly anticipated but “doesn’t want anything to with that” (when its their responsibility) or “it must be your network” means they are GROSSLY inexperienced or just BS but either way they have no interst in you as a cusomer besides making money. 

While I tend to agree with the general sentiment of what you said, this dealer has the best reputation of all the C4 dealers in my city and region and C4 is highly dominant in this region (there are no dealers for most competitor products in the region). So, firing them is not an easy decision. To be fair, they have done some things very well. In my view, the dealer has been excellent to work with as long as everything was going smoothly. However, the moment we ran into something difficult or complex they ducked, dodged, blamed the couple components I supplied, and ran from the problem. When we ran into problems they blamed my existing network (which, arguably, is better than 99% of the residential ethernet/WiFi networks in this city), the ultra high HDMI cable I purchased, and my unusual music library for a range of difficult problems. As solutions have been found to the problems it has been demonstrated that none of the root causes lay in the items they blamed; the problems were caused by a defective network adapter on a TV, a bug in the C4 MyMusic program, HTR firmware, etc.

And, I agree, I don't believe their technical knowledge is very deep. It is evident that they want to stick closely to what has worked for them in "controlled" environments in the past. Hence their reluctance to even sell the NEEO.

This dealer advised me I needed to purchase a NAS to support MyMusic, which led me to spend $1,000 on NAS only to discover that there is major bug with the MyMusic implementation on the NEEO (I don't know if the same issue is present with other remotes), which makes for a terrible user experience (please, please, replicate the music browsing behaviour of an iOS device). The dealer blames my "unusual" music collection and C4 wrote up a customer request (they won't acknowledge it is a bug) and that went into orbit. So, I'm left using Composer to manually edit music metadata as a clunky workaround for the C4 software bug.

My experience with C4 has been overall poor. My experience it that is an overpriced system for which the information is too tightly held to the dealer channel and customers are left fumbling around in this forum hoping to pick up scraps of information to self solve problems - that they probably can't solve themselves. C4's behaviour and response to the MyMusic issue was particularly disappointing.

There was one reason I purchased a C4 system and that was to get a remote control that worked over WiFi. Look where that got me... a remote that periodically loses the WiFi connection and can't properly present music albums for playback.

And, here's the acid test... my wife chooses to use her phone to send Spotify to a Bluetooth speaker rather than using the C4 system (which cost 100 times as much)... why? The Bluetooth speaker system is intuitive and reliable. She gets to listen to music instead of swearing at a remote that can't organize music files and can't keep a WiFi connection.

edit addition - Adding an objective example of my C4 dealer experience... In all my discussions with my dealer about the NEEO issues, they have never mentioned the WiFi Never Sleeps setting for the NEEO. This was brought up in this forum thread as a possible solution. I couldn't find the referenced option on my NEEO where people said it would be (under device settings), but by fumbling around I eventually found this setting in Composer and I found that it wasn't selected. I've now turned on that option and am testing it. Clearly, this is something that the dealer, not the end user, should have been able to determine and try.

Edited by PumpUpVolume
addition of example

32 minutes ago, PumpUpVolume said:

While I tend to agree with the general sentiment of what you said, this dealer has the best reputation of all the C4 dealers in my city and region and C4 is highly dominant in this region (there are no dealers for most competitor products in the region). So, firing them is not an easy decision. To be fair, they have done some things very well. In my view, the dealer has been excellent to work with as long as everything was going smoothly. However, the moment we ran into something difficult or complex they ducked, dodged, blamed the couple components I supplied, and ran from the problem. When we ran into problems they blamed my existing network (which, arguably, is better than 99% of the residential ethernet/WiFi networks in this city), the ultra high HDMI cable I purchased, and my unusual music library for a range of difficult problems. As solutions have been found to the problems it has been demonstrated that none of the root causes lay in the items they blamed; the problems were caused by a defective network adapter on a TV, a bug in the C4 MyMusic program, HTR firmware, etc.

And, I agree, I don't believe their technical knowledge is very deep. It is evident that they want to stick closely to what has worked for them in "controlled" environments in the past. Hence their reluctance to even sell the NEEO.

This dealer advised me I needed to purchase a NAS to support MyMusic, which led me to spend $1,000 on NAS only to discover that there is major bug with the MyMusic implementation on the NEEO (I don't know if the same issue is present with other remotes), which makes for a terrible user experience (please, please, replicate the music browsing behaviour of an iOS device). The dealer blames my "unusual" music collection and C4 wrote up a customer request (they won't acknowledge it is a bug) and that went into orbit. So, I'm left using Composer to manually edit music metadata as a clunky workaround for the C4 software bug.

My experience with C4 has been overall poor. My experience it that is an overpriced system for which the information is too tightly held to the dealer channel and customers are left fumbling around in this forum hoping to pick up scraps of information to self solve problems - that they probably can't solve themselves. C4's behaviour and response to the MyMusic issue was particularly disappointing.

There was one reason I purchased a C4 system and that was to get a remote control that worked over WiFi. Look where that got me... a remote that periodically loses the WiFi connection and can't properly present music albums for playback.

And, here's the acid test... my wife chooses to use her phone to send Spotify to a Bluetooth speaker rather than using the C4 system (which cost 100 times as much)... why? The Bluetooth speaker system is intuitive and reliable. She gets to listen to music instead of swearing at a remote that can't organize music files and can't keep a WiFi connection.

edit addition - Adding an objective example of my C4 dealer experience... In all my discussions with my dealer about the NEEO issues, they have never mentioned the WiFi Never Sleeps setting for the NEEO. This was brought up in this forum thread as a possible solution. I couldn't find the referenced option on my NEEO where people said it would be (under device settings), but by fumbling around I eventually found this setting in Composer and I found that it wasn't selected. I've now turned on that option and am testing it. Clearly, this is something that the dealer, not the end user, should have been able to determine and try.

A lot to unpack here.  Re the music problem, I'd consider using Plex (cheaper, but focused around movies and TV shows as well as music) or Roon (best option for just music, but more expensive subscription) to organize and manage your music rather than C4.  Both have C4 drivers available that are excellent.  One nice thing about Roon is that it also has a CarPlay app now, so you can listen to your music collection anywhere/in the car.

4 minutes ago, Topspin14m said:

A lot to unpack here.  Re the music problem, I'd consider using Plex (cheaper, but focused around movies and TV shows as well as music) or Roon (best option for just music, but more expensive subscription) to organize and manage your music rather than C4.  Both have C4 drivers available that are excellent.  One nice thing about Roon is that it also has a CarPlay app now, so you can listen to your music collection anywhere/in the car.

Thanks for the suggestions for a better music player experience. Right off the hop, Roon isn't available in Canada where I live. You can use a VPN to mask the IP - not going there - and you also need a US credit card. Thus, that option is a non-viable option for me.

What device would I run Plex on? Remember, the idea was to be able to browse the music collection from the single WiFi remote. If I am willing to use two devices, I have a range of options to AirPlay high res music in the existing system. That works, but it invariably requires at least two devices (NEEO and iPhone) and to get the best experience requires also using the TV as the display for the AppleTV (because then I can navigate the full music library that is on the NAS). If I suggest this as a solution to the family, the Bluetooth speaker will become even more popular than it is now. C4 was sold to us as on simplicity; we'd have one easy to use remote that worked reliably. 

FWIW, I believe the MyMusic bug could be very easily fixed by C4. It appears that a code developer erroneously referenced "track artist" in the code where they should have referenced "album artist". I do believe the fix is incredibly simple; switch one variable. Maybe it isn't as straight forward as it appears? I submitted a robust analysis of the issue to C4, but I doubt that will ever see the light of day. I am curious whether this issue is unique to the NEEO. I'd be pleased to see that the bug isn't carried forward onto the Halo suite.

2 hours ago, PumpUpVolume said:

Thanks for the suggestions for a better music player experience. Right off the hop, Roon isn't available in Canada where I live. You can use a VPN to mask the IP - not going there - and you also need a US credit card. Thus, that option is a non-viable option for me.

What device would I run Plex on? Remember, the idea was to be able to browse the music collection from the single WiFi remote. If I am willing to use two devices, I have a range of options to AirPlay high res music in the existing system. That works, but it invariably requires at least two devices (NEEO and iPhone) and to get the best experience requires also using the TV as the display for the AppleTV (because then I can navigate the full music library that is on the NAS). If I suggest this as a solution to the family, the Bluetooth speaker will become even more popular than it is now. C4 was sold to us as on simplicity; we'd have one easy to use remote that worked reliably. 

FWIW, I believe the MyMusic bug could be very easily fixed by C4. It appears that a code developer erroneously referenced "track artist" in the code where they should have referenced "album artist". I do believe the fix is incredibly simple; switch one variable. Maybe it isn't as straight forward as it appears? I submitted a robust analysis of the issue to C4, but I doubt that will ever see the light of day. I am curious whether this issue is unique to the NEEO. I'd be pleased to see that the bug isn't carried forward onto the Halo suite.

Someone should confirm that the Plex driver works on the Neeo remote (Roon does).  I use Plex but haven't yet installed the driver.   It would definitely work on a T4, iPhone or iPad, but it sounds like that isn't what you are really looking for.  As for what you need to use Plex, you can run a Plex server off a Synology or Qnap NAS, so if that's what you have for a NAS, you should be okay.  You can double check compatibility with a specific NAS on Plex's website.  https://support.plex.tv/articles/201373803-nas-compatibility-list/

EDIT:  BTW, Are you sure Roon doesn't work in Canada?  Note- you don't need a Nucleus, it can run off a NAS as well.  I'm seeing authorized Roon dealers in Canada, which is why I'm a bit confused.   Also, Roon says it works in Canada. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/will-roon-only-work-from-the-us-canada-uk-etc/591

11 minutes ago, Topspin14m said:

Someone should confirm that the Plex driver works on the Neeo remote (Roon does).  I use Plex but haven't yet installed the driver.   It would definitely work on a T4, iPhone or iPad, but it sounds like that isn't what you are really looking for.  As for what you need to use Plex, you can run a Plex server off a Synology or Qnap NAS, so if that's what you have for a NAS, you should be okay.  You can double check compatibility with a specific NAS on Plex's website.  https://support.plex.tv/articles/201373803-nas-compatibility-list/

EDIT:  BTW, Are you sure Roon doesn't work in Canada?  Note- you don't need a Nucleus, it can run off a NAS as well.  I'm seeing authorized Roon dealers in Canada, which is why I'm a bit confused.   Also, Roon says it works in Canada. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/will-roon-only-work-from-the-us-canada-uk-etc/591

Playing music using the Music App on the iPhone and routing it to the AirPlay App on the NEEO/EA3 works well, except for two limitations: (i) this method can only play the music that fits on the iPhone and our entire music library is too large to fit on some/all iPhones in the house; and (ii) some members of household find it complex to select the music track/album on one device and then switch over to the other device for volume control... yes, they could use the C4 App on their phone, but they find that confusing. The rationale for getting the NAS (which is a Synology DS220+) was to be able to house the entire large music library in one place without having to manage partial libraries on various phones.

Regarding Roon in Canada - I had read an FAQ that seemed to indicate Roon subscription was not available in Canada (because it requires US IP and US credit card), but with some further searching I see that Roon has a customer testimony from Dave in Toronto on the Roon site, so maybe the FAQ I saw is erroneous or obsolete or I misunderstood the reference. I might try to sign up for the free trial of Roon and see whether it works. Thanks for that suggestion.

I actually did discuss the idea of using Plex running on our Synology for music with our C4 dealer and they recommended I stay with MyMusic. I don't recall the reason why, but I suspect it was disinterest in figuring out whether the Plex driver can be used on the NEEO. Is anyone doing this?

If the Plex driver will work on the Halo Touch, that might be a viable solution. Insight?

2 hours ago, PumpUpVolume said:

Playing music using the Music App on the iPhone and routing it to the AirPlay App on the NEEO/EA3 works well, except for two limitations: (i) this method can only play the music that fits on the iPhone and our entire music library is too large to fit on some/all iPhones in the house; and (ii) some members of household find it complex to select the music track/album on one device and then switch over to the other device for volume control... yes, they could use the C4 App on their phone, but they find that confusing. The rationale for getting the NAS (which is a Synology DS220+) was to be able to house the entire large music library in one place without having to manage partial libraries on various phones.

Regarding Roon in Canada - I had read an FAQ that seemed to indicate Roon subscription was not available in Canada (because it requires US IP and US credit card), but with some further searching I see that Roon has a customer testimony from Dave in Toronto on the Roon site, so maybe the FAQ I saw is erroneous or obsolete or I misunderstood the reference. I might try to sign up for the free trial of Roon and see whether it works. Thanks for that suggestion.

I actually did discuss the idea of using Plex running on our Synology for music with our C4 dealer and they recommended I stay with MyMusic. I don't recall the reason why, but I suspect it was disinterest in figuring out whether the Plex driver can be used on the NEEO. Is anyone doing this?

If the Plex driver will work on the Halo Touch, that might be a viable solution. Insight?

FWIW, Roon is really great for music.  The only thing you can't do is search your library on the Neeo (you can do that on the C4 app on your phone or a touch panel).  On the Neeo,  you can get a list of artists, tracks, albums, composers, tags, and all your playlists.  Also, it'll show album art on the Neeo.

My primary use for Roon (which it sounds like you don't need) is that it will integrate Sonos fully into C4.  Otherwise, you only get your Sonos playlists in C4.  https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/control4#Overview

6 minutes ago, Topspin14m said:

FWIW, Roon is really great for music.  The only thing you can't do is search your library on the Neeo (you can do that on the C4 app on your phone or a touch panel).  On the Neeo,  you can get a list of artists, tracks, albums, composers, tags, and all your playlists.  Also, it'll show album art on the Neeo.

My primary use for Roon (which it sounds like you don't need) is that it will integrate Sonos fully into C4.  Otherwise, you only get your Sonos playlists in C4.  https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/control4#Overview

I don't have a Sonos system, so your primary use for Roon doesn't apply to me.

The two issues that I have with the NEEO implementation of MyMusic are the following:

1) When navigating by Artist, the list of artists presented by the NEEO is based on the Track Artist metadata field instead of the Album Artist field that it should be based on. This is hugely problematic for some albums where there are unique Track Artists for several or all tracks. The NEEO erroneously presents each of the track artists as an album artist. Thus, the NEEO artist list is extremely long full of unfamiliar artists - unfamiliar because it would include an artist who is providing accompanying vocals on a single track, for example. In contrast, the list of Artists presented in the Music App on the iPhone is restricted only to the Album artists. This use of the wrong artist field added hundreds of unfamiliar artists to my music list in the NEEO. 

2) When navigating music by any parameter on the NEEO you can scroll a bit and then it pauses while it loads the next part of the list. Again, contrast this with Music App on an iPhone where the scrolling is smooth and seamless. Also on the NEEO, if you scroll too fast, sometimes it goes backwards in the list. And, if you select an artist and then backup it takes you back to the beginning of the alphabetic list, not the point in the list for the artist that you entered. So, if you accidentally clicked on The Barenaked Ladies and you really wanted the The Police, when you back up from albums to artist it takes you back to Amadeus (versus taking you back to The Barenaked Ladies and The Police).

I've been working around the first issue by using Composer to change all Track Artists to replicate the Album artist. It works, but it feels like a clumsy make work project. Perhaps issue #2 will be better on 5GHz with the Halo Touch?

Does Roon on the NEEO suffer from either or both issue #1 and #2 above?

And, does anyone know whether Plex works on the NEEO or Halo Touch?

With respect to #2, you sometimes get a loading more indicator (see photo) but it fills in very quickly. Not a major pause. I honestly had never noticed it before you asked.

I have never seen it scroll backwards. If you select an artist and back out it does take you back to the beginning of the list. I suspect that’s a Neeo hardware limitation because it doesn’t have enough RAM.

With respect to #1, Roon populates your metadata (that’s a main feature of Roon) and I haven’t encountered the problem you are describing.

1b57864e01854dff332584fa92bae744.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/30/2023 at 9:06 PM, Andrew luecke said:

I turned this on.  No change.  😞   I'm still getting same exact errors that @PumpUpVolume documented above.

20 minutes ago, Topspin14m said:

With respect to #2, you sometimes get a loading more indicator (see photo) but it fills in very quickly. Not a major pause. I honestly had never noticed it before you asked.

I have never seen it scroll backwards. If you select an artist and back out it does take you back to the beginning of the list. I suspect that’s a Neeo hardware limitation because it doesn’t have enough RAM.

With respect to #1, Roon populates your metadata (that’s a main feature of Roon) and I haven’t encountered the problem you are describing.

1b57864e01854dff332584fa92bae744.jpg

FWIW, with Issue #1 using MyMusic on the NEEO, the problem is not the metadata. The metadata is fine/correct. The problem is that the person who coded how the metadata is used, is using the Track Artist field of the metadata where they should be using the Album Artist. So, I actually need to modify the metadata to be INcorrect in order to cause the system to work as it should. I manually replace all track artist fields with the respective Album Artist field using Composer and that tricks the wrongly coded sort algorithm in to sorting the (album) artists correctly. 

It is interesting that you got the errors with the new setting so quickly. Once I reboot my WAP, I typically have about 10 days of error/issue free use use of the NEEO.

I’m also getting the same errors still after changing that setting. It’s just a cruddy product! No one has ever really seen the Neeo as a strength of C4… it’s good in other areas. Hopefully the Halo fixes things. Just being a dual Wi-Fi client is a big upgrade.

9 hours ago, tekki70 said:

try an SSID that has no special characters, a password with no special characters in 2.4 only

I've moved the NEEO to a unique SSID on the 2.4GHz band. This specially reserved SSID is enabled on the 2.4GHz band only. I am not broadcasting the SSID (that is specifically for the NEEO). I also enabled MAC address filtering (Allow by List) to ensure only the NEEO can join the special SSID. I have ensured there are no special characters in the unique NEEO SSID; I have also ensured there are no special characters in the respective passphrase.

We'll see how this extra special treatment of the NEEO plays out over the next couple weeks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.