C4 Forums | Control4

Exclude zone(s) from doorbell Announcement

The announcement agent (see above) or use the do not disturb functionality if this is a temporary exclusion of a zone.  I have a keypad button linked to the Room variable for do not disturb (I think this is called Annoucements-off”) in each bedroom with LED feedback,  I also turn this on / off on a scheduled for the bedrooms so that people do not get disturbed when asleep.

I have variables and based on those a zone or so goes out. Like during my daughters nap/bed times it doesn't do that hall zone or her room. Easy to do w variables and announcement agent. 
if Variable XXXX Bedtime is true
--> Announce doorbell xxx bedtime
else
--> Announce doorbell

We actually have a version of Noell that gets played at xmas time for the month of Dec so you can also do it based on time of year to make things fun. I have it play Happy Birthday if it's someone in the house's birthday too.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, chicagod said:

I do this for the announcement inside the house.  Is there any way to change the chime sound at the doorbell outside?

I seem to recall that this is possible from the DS2 web interface but I may be wrong.  Assuming you are using a DS2.

Edited by South Africa C4 user

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.