C4 Forums | Control4

Reburished C4 16 channel matrix amp - unable to control volume from C4 app/remotes/touchscreens/keypads/etc)

Hi,

I just installed a reburished "C4 16 channel matrix amp" to replace my old one that the power supply went out. 

From the various C4 displays, I can turn the various zone's speakers on, off, pause....

However, I am unable to turn the volume up or down from C4 app/remotes/touchscreens/keypads/etc)..... the volume seems to be fixed in each zone to the max gain volume set for each zone.  

Does anyone have any ideas?   

Thank you,

Eric

Why is this necessary?    I read thru many posts of people buying used amplifiers, and nobody mentioned that a dealer is required.     

Are you sure the dealer needs to do this?    via what interface?      and is it the MAC ID or the Network IP that is required?

Currently, I have the network setting on the Matrix Amplifier set to Ethernet, and DHCP.   

Thanks

Thanks so much....(this is all new to me. )

Why are the on/off and pause working via the display?      but not the volume control?    What is the technology or communication protocol that is lacking, that C4 requires to get the volume control to work?  

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, EricV said:

Thanks so much....(this is all new to me. )

Why are the on/off and pause working via the display?      but not the volume control?    What is the technology or communication protocol that is lacking, that C4 requires to get the volume control to work?  

Thanks!

if you want your system to control it as designed, a dealer has to identify the hardware into the product.  the rest of what you are asking is irrelevant. 

11 hours ago, EricV said:

Why is this necessary?    I read thru many posts of people buying used amplifiers, and nobody mentioned that a dealer is required.     

Are you sure the dealer needs to do this?    via what interface?      and is it the MAC ID or the Network IP that is required?

Currently, I have the network setting on the Matrix Amplifier set to Ethernet, and DHCP.   

Thanks

Control4 is a dealer based system, it doesn’t allow the end user to add or remove hardware. 

& yes I’m a dealer and I’m sure this needs to be done. 

many people on here that can help you. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.