Jump to content
C4 Forums | Control4

Reburished C4 16 channel matrix amp - unable to control volume from C4 app/remotes/touchscreens/keypads/etc)


Recommended Posts

Hi,

I just installed a reburished "C4 16 channel matrix amp" to replace my old one that the power supply went out. 

From the various C4 displays, I can turn the various zone's speakers on, off, pause....

However, I am unable to turn the volume up or down from C4 app/remotes/touchscreens/keypads/etc)..... the volume seems to be fixed in each zone to the max gain volume set for each zone.  

Does anyone have any ideas?   

Thank you,

Eric

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Why is this necessary?    I read thru many posts of people buying used amplifiers, and nobody mentioned that a dealer is required.     

Are you sure the dealer needs to do this?    via what interface?      and is it the MAC ID or the Network IP that is required?

Currently, I have the network setting on the Matrix Amplifier set to Ethernet, and DHCP.   

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EricV said:

Weird.... is it the MAC ID or the Network IP that is required?

and what application is it entered via?

Thanks

 

 

You need composer pro to do it. Composer home can't add hardware 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks so much....(this is all new to me. )

Why are the on/off and pause working via the display?      but not the volume control?    What is the technology or communication protocol that is lacking, that C4 requires to get the volume control to work?  

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EricV said:

Thanks so much....(this is all new to me. )

Why are the on/off and pause working via the display?      but not the volume control?    What is the technology or communication protocol that is lacking, that C4 requires to get the volume control to work?  

Thanks!

if you want your system to control it as designed, a dealer has to identify the hardware into the product.  the rest of what you are asking is irrelevant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, EricV said:

Why is this necessary?    I read thru many posts of people buying used amplifiers, and nobody mentioned that a dealer is required.     

Are you sure the dealer needs to do this?    via what interface?      and is it the MAC ID or the Network IP that is required?

Currently, I have the network setting on the Matrix Amplifier set to Ethernet, and DHCP.   

Thanks

Control4 is a dealer based system, it doesn’t allow the end user to add or remove hardware. 
 

& yes I’m a dealer and I’m sure this needs to be done. 
 

many people on here that can help you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...