C4 Forums | Control4

New Solutions: Episode Lynk

Episode Lynk is Here

Episode Lynk is an audio casting interface that connects to an amp, allowing users to cast music from their mobile devices to their system using Bluetooth, Airplay 2, Chromecast, and Spotify Connect. A great-value, all-in-one solution, Lynk offers reliable performance using hardline Ethernet, as well as Wi-Fi.

No additional apps are required because Lynk utilizes the built-in interface of a user’s device. Users can leverage Google Assistant or Apple’s Siri to operate their system with this simple solution.

Seamlessly integrated, Lynk connects the source, amp, and speaker to form a complete signal chain.

Make any amplifier smart, add Episode Lynk to your audio projects today. 

14 minutes ago, cnicholson said:

Does this add anything for people using Apple devices and Shairbridge?   Or does it basically bring that feature set to non-Apple sources?

It brings that feature to non apple devices, also adds a Spotify point. It more importantly can become another “zone” in C4 programming. There have been $30 on amazon that do this same thing for non integrated systems.  

21 minutes ago, cnicholson said:

Does this add anything for people using Apple devices and Shairbridge?   Or does it basically bring that feature set to non-Apple sources?

you can cheaply add an audio zone with a dumb amp and speakers. You can add bluetooth to a zone. Once such use for me is I like to watch videos on my phone while in the spa. bluetooth audio lets me listen over the landscape audio.

15 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

you can cheaply add an audio zone with a dumb amp and speakers. You can add bluetooth to a zone. Once such use for me is I like to watch videos on my phone while in the spa. bluetooth audio lets me listen over the landscape audio.

Cheaply if you already have these products existing. A Lynk + 35wpcx2 Episode Amp ends up being practically the same price as a Traid One. 

Guarantee? oh man the jokes write themselves… 

Anyways, it’s very easy to have equal profits off of a project while providing equal or potentially more feature rich products that dont have dealer margins, but enjoy selling basic AV products to clients at 5x times the cost because for dealer bs reasons, I dont do my clients like that. 

A lot of products can be sourced direct/amazon/whatever and you can be your own tech support, warranty guy, educator, etc and markup to the customer in either labor or hardware price as you see fit.

Or buy from a vendor/distributor that offers those support items to the integrator who can utilize them to support their clients.

It's no different than the relationship we have with a client.
Buyer pays seller for goods with expectations of support and service.
No services attached, cheaper price is possible.

Who, and how often are you going to need to call?
And with way too many now email only support, or voicemail, or forum, or untrained scripted useless difficult to understand "customer service" people.
Personally, I'm tired of it, I shop and eat where service is provided, whenever possible.

Lynk is Airplay 2 - and a true official airplay option. That alone is fantastic. At Chromecast to it....

Oh and sure there are 3rd party cheapo solutions, but the way this works looks and feels seamless compared to 'native' C4 options and offers full metadata feedback in UIs.

Now, I'd have preferred it even more if it had been built into the Core controllers.....

31 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Lynk is Airplay 2 - and a true official airplay option. That alone is fantastic. At Chromecast to it....

Oh and sure there are 3rd party cheapo solutions, but the way this works looks and feels seamless compared to 'native' C4 options and offers full metadata feedback in UIs.

Now, I'd have preferred it even more if it had been built into the Core controllers.....

Yeah you would think that those same features could be worked into the Core as well. Maybe in a future update.

Airplay 2 is possible with others like this… 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0BJDY6D1W&pd_rd_w=D8tiD&content-id=amzn1.sym.dd2c6db7-6626-466d-bf04-9570e69a7df0&pf_rd_p=dd2c6db7-6626-466d-bf04-9570e69a7df0&pf_rd_r=8KZPP4WNT60DEHY9MR2P&pd_rd_wg=KKqvk&pd_rd_r=02683035-1763-4c7f-ad8f-e6ffd402861d&s=electronics&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNThTOVFSRE9GMTImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5MTQ0MjAzTDlSQzVRSlgyME1UJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyNTgxNTExMFpBR0cxRk9GNFZJJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

The conversation about 3rd party stemmed from non c4 integration systems. Theres absolutely an additional features in that integration since a Lynk has a driver etc in the C4 world. With that said most people use their mobile device and variety of apps for music selection anyways and I have in many cases just designed audio distribution based on dumb zone amps and 3rd party streamer as zone control. Its been no only easier to manage/service (zero compatibility/service update issues) but hits a different target budget for business growth.. I am not one to lose business trying to unnecessary upsell just based on someone’s means. Plenty of well off clients dont want to fuss and are happy to pay your profits in other ways besides msrp margin as described. 

I can make the same installing a Ring system versus Luma. You just need to be upfront with the customer and explain the differences in systems and charges. 

2 hours ago, Control4Savant said:

Yeah you would think that those same features could be worked into the Core as well. Maybe in a future update.

I don't know any specifics of this particular integration, but sometimes features like this don't happen in controllers due to per-unit licensing costs.

Expensive to license for every controller when it's not going to be used but in a relatively small number of them.

RyanE

How much is this beast?

Would this function as a pre-amp for an older amp with only analog inputs? Right now I'm using one of the pre-outs of my VSSL A.6 -- but I'd rather have something smaller and more discreet.

30 minutes ago, Elvis said:

How much is this beast?

Would this function as a pre-amp for an older amp with only analog inputs? Right now I'm using one of the pre-outs of my VSSL A.6 -- but I'd rather have something smaller and more discreet.

It’s close to $400 if i remember correct. It has no inputs and only a single digital/analog output.

9 hours ago, Elvis said:

How much is this beast?

Yes the Control4 driver has volume and audio end points. (GUI allows to set for fixed or variable output)

BUT there's NO way to initiate a session from within Control4, the source device must start the stream.
You can see the meta, and you can stop, skip, pause/play and volume, but there's no start/resume last.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.