C4 Forums | Control4

4sight renew in app - where do you find it?

zaphod

I just received an email from C4 about being able to renew your 4sight from within the app.  I have the latest iOS app installed, but I do not appear to be able to renew 4sight.  Where exactly do you find this?  Os is it possibly not available outside of the US?  (I am in Canada)

10 minutes ago, zaphod said:

I just received an email from C4 about being able to renew your 4sight from within the app.  I have the latest iOS app installed, but I do not appear to be able to renew 4sight.  Where exactly do you find this?  Os is it possibly not available outside of the US?  (I am in Canada)

Go into setting - 4 sight and you can do it from there 

When I go into Settings - [System Name] it shows

4Sight                                     >
Expires 28 Jun 2023

When I click on that I just get a bunch of screens where I can launch videos about 4Sight

This is the OS3 app, iOS version 323.1.2.2 dated 2023-01-14

Am I looking in the wrong place?

@zaphod, you are in the right spot.  On the page with with 4Sight videos, there is a button at the bottom.  This button can do one of a few different things depending on your locale and your current 4Sight subscription status.  If you don't qualify to purchase 4Sight through the app for some reason, this button will be labeled "Contact Smart Home Pro".  Otherwise, it will either be labeled "Renew 4Sight" or "Subscribe to 4Sight" and take you into a 4Sight purchasing flow.  If for some reason you get a "Contact Dealer" label let me know and I can look into which situations cause that to happen.

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

You would think that they wouldn't send that email to Canadians.  I am pretty sure that they have your country in the database.

So, had some feedback, and check if your Country is set to Canada or US properly. In my case, it was somehow blank.

Can't confirm that fixes it yet as I assume it may take a moment for it to pull that through the system and I'm out the door....

I am assuming that the country setting is done on my.control4.com through your account setup.  That is set to Canada.

It is possible that the app was downloaded by a "US" Apple ID as I have multiple Apple IDs for various countries.  When I initially installed the app it may have been from the US app but I am not 100% sure.  And I don't know if that would make a difference anyway.

5 hours ago, zaphod said:

I am assuming that the country setting is done on my.control4.com through your account setup.  That is set to Canada.

It is possible that the app was downloaded by a "US" Apple ID as I have multiple Apple IDs for various countries.  When I initially installed the app it may have been from the US app but I am not 100% sure.  And I don't know if that would make a difference anyway.

Am in Egypt and I can easily renew from the app, I added my payment as well in the app!

17 hours ago, Cyknight said:

So, had some feedback, and check if your Country is set to Canada or US properly. In my case, it was somehow blank.

Can't confirm that fixes it yet as I assume it may take a moment for it to pull that through the system and I'm out the door....

This is correct.  I have received confirmation that in-app 4Sight purchasing is currently locked to Canada and US.  So if you are in one of those two locations and are unable to purchase, you need to go to customer.control4.com and make sure that your country is set properly.  There was a period of time a while back where setting your country wasn't required, so that would explain why some longer standing accounts have blank information.

I'm on Android in the US, app 323.3.08. address is already set as US. My account is setup for auto renew at customer.control4.com.

I don't have the option under settings / 4sight for auto renew in the app, have the contact smart home pro button instead. 

2 hours ago, bnorman said:

This is correct.  I have received confirmation that in-app 4Sight purchasing is currently locked to Canada and US.  So if you are in one of those two locations and are unable to purchase, you need to go to customer.control4.com and make sure that your country is set properly.  There was a period of time a while back where setting your country wasn't required, so that would explain why some longer standing accounts have blank information.

I tried resetting my country to Canada but still no go.  So it looks like it doesn't work for Canada, but it appears to work for US, Egypt(Amr) and UK (Gary Leeds).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.