C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 video not always working

timelinex

I've been having issues getting video to show when I manually call my c4 doorstation DS2 from my control4 app (android). Here are the results from my diagnosis.

1. Even though the screen is black, I can still use it to manually open the gate and it works. So some kind of connection is there.
  2. I found the video works when I do the same exact thing but my phone is connected to my wifi.
  3. Video also works when someone calls me from the keypad and I pick up, whether I'm on wifi or cell service.
  4. So it seems like the issue is only when my phone is not on the same wifi network as the doorstation and it initiates the call to the doorstation.
  5. The camera video is also connected to my NVR and it shows up there with no problems. The video also shows previewed in webgui . Snapshots work as well.
  6. Composer logs do not show any errors or anything different between the calls that show videos and those that don't. All settings both in Composer and the webgui look right.
  7. The only difference in logs I see is the Logs from the android app. In the Call System Logs, all the data looks the same except for "Quality (0=Terrible...5=Excellent):". The cell service calls show as a low number like: 0.100 , while my wifi call ones show as 4.0+. Which suggests there is maybe some kind of connectivity issues with the cell service, but my cell service is just fine and as mentioned earlier it works when the call is initiated from the doorstation. In the Navigator logs I do see the following line in the calls without video 
    2023-01-26 20:10:19,145 -0700 [main] WARN: C4CallManager - Experiencing a poor connection. 
    Current bandwidth = 0.0
    Time since last video frame = 0
    AverageQuality: 1.17
    Average loss rate: 0.00
    Average video delay: 0.00
    Average bandwidth = 0.0
  8. I'm not sure when it stopped working but I know that at one point it DID work though. The Wifi/5g distinction makes me think it's possibly a networking issue. I recently replaced my internet with a WISP service where I don't have as much direct configuration anymore (like I needed to call for them to manually port forward) .

Does the video portion of the connection use a different stream than the general connection with my C4? Does it require some particular port to be open (I see the SIP port is 5061)? Any other ideas

I agree, it's become useless.

However, the 3.3.2 does have a new video proxy that is working much better for my UniFi cameras. I wonder if it helps with the intercoms as well? I'm switching to a UniFi G4 Pro doorbell anyway, so I really haven't checked.

Definitely related to Control4 but they are working on it.  I have changed over 2 gate systems recently and the new 2Ns don’t have problem independently or in other integration… It looks like Chimes are also experiencing the issue.  It’s a shame they cant get Doorbird  intercom or at least Ring integration 

7 hours ago, timelinex said:

Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad they are working on it

I am forever baffled by how poor C4 products are, especially considering the price. 

Anyways, I appreciate the forum being here to help!

No problem. Doorbell integration was one of the big reasons for me switching systems on new projects… but nothings perfect. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.