C4 Forums | Control4

Long standing OS2 system remote controls randomly losing connection, significant lag

A few weeks ago my system has been randomly stalling out, mostly the remotes will stop responding for long periods (push an action, nothing happens for 30s+ and then eventually all the actions will trigger at once).  Similar behavior mostly with my mobile app, it can take many seconds to connect to the system, or sometimes just times out.

I can't think of any major changes to the system that would cause this.  I'm trying to self manage things at this point, I have home composer (not very skilled with it though) and 4sight, I've wanted to upgrade to OS3 but was told it would be a huge $10k redo by my dealer and it didn't seem worth it.

Any advice or troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

Director Version: 2.10.6.561784-res
Media Version: 2.10.6.561784-res
Director: control4_hc800_000FFF581F74

Have you changed (added, removed, upgraded, changed settings on…etc) anything with your network - WiFi especially? New or changed APs? New channels in use? New ISP? New router?

I assume you’ve done a power cycle in all your components?

For moving to os3 you could get there with your HC800 albeit not to the absolute latest version. But some older touch panels, security systems/drivers, audio components don’t work w os3 and I am guessing that is why the 10k for an upgrade. Those would need to come out of your project before upgrading. Did the dealer quantify/detail what was behind  the 10k price?

4 hours ago, JA_Epic said:

A few weeks ago my system has been randomly stalling out, mostly the remotes will stop responding for long periods (push an action, nothing happens for 30s+ and then eventually all the actions will trigger at once).  Similar behavior mostly with my mobile app, it can take many seconds to connect to the system, or sometimes just times out.

I can't think of any major changes to the system that would cause this.  I'm trying to self manage things at this point, I have home composer (not very skilled with it though) and 4sight, I've wanted to upgrade to OS3 but was told it would be a huge $10k redo by my dealer and it didn't seem worth it.

There is no way any one can provide an answer with the info u provided, better have your current dealer or a remote dealer to chime in your system for a scan of possible causes specially you said you did minor changes.

Thanks I've cycled most things in my system, but I'll try another pass to make sure.  I haven't added anything to the network side of things, there was a power surge around the time things started acting weird.  

The dealer did quantify the 10k details, I'll see if I can track it down and review again.

On 2/4/2023 at 12:47 AM, JA_Epic said:

Thanks I've cycled most things in my system, but I'll try another pass to make sure.  I haven't added anything to the network side of things, there was a power surge around the time things started acting weird.  

The dealer did quantify the 10k details, I'll see if I can track it down and review again.

Its probably DHCP issues after loosing power, this can be fixed if u have ComposerHE, take a look at the devices IP address and try to reserve it in your router or DHCP server then reboot those devices and u should have your control back!

On 2/2/2023 at 3:00 AM, JA_Epic said:

Can u pls list your existing hardware and tell us what the $10k would give u? You have HC800 and this can get u into OS3 but last version supported will be 3.3.0! So u can plan the migration later at less cost steps, at least lower the initial investment into bare minimum!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.