C4 Forums | Control4

Programmatically change current room in EA-5 OSD

Hello.  I have an EA-5 (not main controller) plugged into an HDMI matrix serving three TVs in three different rooms.   When a remote in a room calls for OSD, the Matrix switches the TV in that room to show OSD and remote controls maps to OSD.  No problems.  But I want the OSD to show the home screen for *that* room (i.e., the room that most recently called for OSD).  I realize that if two rooms call for OSD, only the most recent room's home screen would appear.  I view that as an edge case and am not worried about it.

I see how to trigger programming based on a room switching source to OSD, but I don't see a way to force the OSD to show that room's home screen.

Is there a way?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, cnicholson said:

Hello.  I have an EA-5 (not main controller) plugged into an HDMI matrix serving three TVs in three different rooms.   When a remote in a room calls for OSD, the Matrix switches the TV in that room to show OSD and remote controls maps to OSD.  No problems.  But I want the OSD to show the home screen for *that* room (i.e., the room that most recently called for OSD).  I realize that if two rooms call for OSD, only the most recent room's home screen would appear.  I view that as an edge case and am not worried about it.

I see how to trigger programming based on a room switching source to OSD, but I don't see a way to force the OSD to show that room's home screen.

Is there a way?

Thanks.

Not sure, may be am slow today but I can’t get what u want? I have same exact scenario EA5 serve 6 TV’s, OSD switches to last Pressed C4 button displaying this room, so?

2 hours ago, Cyknight said:

What normally happens with more than one TV/Room using the same controller for the OSD:

It was NOT doing that, but I just rebooted the EA-5 and now seems to be working!  So maybe just a glitch.  I was also changing some video source bindings, so maybe it got confused?  IDK.   

So i guess nevermind....   

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.