C4 Forums | Control4

New LG TV Turning On Help

jsimon77

Hello,

I'm looking for some help, programing tips for my new LG TV.

I just installed a new LG 83 G2 TV.  It's great.  My C4 dealer was here and did the install and the programing.  

When I press "Watch" on my remote he added an option that says "TV Apps" which takes me to the main menu on the LG TV that has of my apps.  This works fine as long as my system is already on.  So if I'm on Apple TV or DirecTV and press "Watch/TV Apps" it takes me to that LG menu.  BUT....if the whole system is OFF (and when I turned it off I was on another input such as AppleTV or DirecTV) and I press "Watch/TV Apps" the system turns on and I'm seeing the screen savor for my Yamaha receiver.  The menu button does not bring up the LG menu.  I have to again press "Watch/TV Apps". Once I do that it works fine.

I'm trying to figure out a way where I don't have to do this 2 times to get it to work.  Either because it's not set up right or I need to add a program?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, slim42dog said:

Are you using the the LG IP Driver for control?   I have this very issue with the IP Control on my 83G2.   My way around was switching from IP to Serial.  Now when the TV boots up from being in standby it switches inputs reliably.  

Thanks for this.  They did set it up via the IP.  I think I found a coding work around which adds a delay IF TV is off when the system is turned on and TV Apps is pressed.  I'll keep testing it but so far so good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.