C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos Queue

It's 2023 - still no Apple Music to be found. Current method is to favorite Apple Music playlists in Sonos. I want to be able to shuffle the songs but choosing a playlist with Sonos leaves the existing Queue full of old music which gets thrown in the shuffle.

Has anyone found a way to clear the Sonos Queue upon selecting a new playlist?

My workaround has been using an iOS app called Soro along with an iOS Shortcut that opens a playlist, clears the Sonos queue and leaves me in the Sonos app for further tweaks. Problem is that this isn't family friendly and can't be done from the C4 Touchscreens.

It's 2023 - still no Apple Music to be found. Current method is to favorite Apple Music playlists in Sonos. I want to be able to shuffle the songs but choosing a playlist with Sonos leaves the existing Queue full of old music which gets thrown in the shuffle.

My workaround has been using an iOS app called Soro along with an iOS Shortcut that opens a playlist, clears the Sonos queue and leaves me in the Sonos app for further tweaks. Problem is that this isn't family friendly and can't be done from the C4 Touchscreens.

Unfortunately, Apple Music doesn’t play great with Sonos or C4. You might consider buying a Tidal subscription through Best Buy. It’s $120 a year. Then I really love pairing Roon with C4 and Sonos. Gives you full customization through C4 — you can search for artists, tracks, etc. right on C4 and play through Sonos. The functionality C4/Sonos should have out of the box, and an extra subscription, but it works…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I already have Tidal but am so entrenched in Apple Music I still prefer it. I'm curious about Roon and C4 - how does that all work and what is the purpose of Roon? - I see they have C4 drivers...

Instead of just having playlists in C4 (the way it’s limited with the Sonos driver), you get full search functionality. It’s limited to your own mp3s, Tidal and Qobuz though (no Apple Music option). 354c5d28242a6b4e88fbbf5c3710e23e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Topspin14m said:

Instead of just having playlists in C4 (the way it’s limited with the Sonos driver), you get full search functionality. It’s limited to your own mp3s, Tidal and Qobuz though (no Apple Music option). 354c5d28242a6b4e88fbbf5c3710e23e.jpg

I think Sonos introduced search with their paid radio service, I saw it some where, am happy with BlueOS search capabilities, I switched off Twonkey server and am only using Node 2, super fast with my +25k songs collection!

You could get one of the new Episode Lynk boxes, it will add airplay 2 to your system so you can add it to the home app on your phone and use siri to control the music 

If he has newer Sonos, he has airplay 2 already. It’s just the control4 link that is the issue. If it’s older, it may not work with the Lynk boxes…depends on whether it has an input, I assume.

On 2/4/2023 at 3:31 PM, Topspin14m said:

Unfortunately, Apple Music doesn’t play great with Sonos or C4. You might consider buying a Tidal subscription through Best Buy. It’s $120 a year. Then I really love pairing Roon with C4 and Sonos. Gives you full customization through C4 — you can search for artists, tracks, etc. right on C4 and play through Sonos. The functionality C4/Sonos should have out of the box, and an extra subscription, but it works…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apple Music works great with Sonos. It’s one of the few speakers that integrates with Apple. You also get airplay 2 with Sonos. 

image.thumb.png.7edca99807f1a7965fa28bfefd1b6cf9.png

On 2/4/2023 at 7:46 PM, samsmoothjazz said:

have you tried connecting your Sonos to Alexa and control your playlist that way ? 

On 2/9/2023 at 9:27 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

have you tried connecting your Sonos to Alexa and control your playlist that way ? 

Apple Music is already integrated to Alexa as a music source, but I think all need a direct native integration within C4 UI.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.