C4 Forums | Control4

Network Storage Drive for Media

Taylor

I know this sounds terrible but we don't even bother with the C4 Media Section of the system yet. It is way to unreliable as well as slow. We use a PC or Mac tied into the Plasma with Wireless Keyboard & Mouse and make a full Media System.

It works awesome.

What are the MP3 files located on? A computer, Nas, Domain Controller? I would definately check the permissions on the file, although if it can browse it would be odd for it not to read, but you never know.

Is it the latest version of firmware on the MC or HTC?

Latest version. It is an external Hard Drive via Network. ALL the paths to the Hard Drive are shared. I also have a file shared directly from my computer. Neither work, though both media show up. I called C4 today and they told me to restart my HTC. No good.

I think I found what the problem was. I had a similar problem JUST happen to me on a Media Controller. Not through the network or anything. I found something that I did and realized that was probably the problem. Seems like C4 should do something.

Here are the screenshots of what I did (sorry about the widescreen)

(Here is the URL if you can't see it well on this forum)

c4dm1.jpg

That is the way it SHOULD look.

DO NOT DO IT THIS WAY

(Here is the URL if you can't see it well on this forum)

c4dm2.jpg

It appears that if you connect BOTH those in the program, it messes the whole system up. I don't know if maybe I'm just an idiot and that is obvious, but I had assumed that something got disconnected in the programming.

I'm going to try this at my house (with the HTC) and see if that solves my HTC network drive problem.

Minor Update: When I took that screenshot it messed me up again! I had to remove the digital media and re-add it with another Media Controller (I just deleted the new MC out of composer) and then re-connect it through the real MC. So, don't even play with it because it will BREAK

UPDATE

Got home, made sure that connection was not there (as shown above) and BOOM. Fixed. Works great. This is awesome. Really, I don't even need to rip music onto the MC anymore if there are any computers hooked up to the system. WELL DONE C4!

I'm not sure what you had done wrong? Was the problem generated by having both digital audio servers connected to the media controller?I n the pics, the Audio Media Storage had no bindings...I thought the network storage would come from this?

Archived