C4 Forums | Control4

MTS new construction wallbox question

DrDSL

We just received our first batch of the MTS plastic wallboxes (AC-NWB3.8G). I was quite concerned re. item 7 of the install guide where they are discussing the MTS overhang width and in 7e .........."carefully enlarge with a file" etc. My experience with the guys who hang the sheetrock in new construction tells me that this sort of procedure will NEVER happen. It's strictly Roto-Zip rock & roll!

I'm really concerned and interested in the experiences of others here.

Thanks

I had six boxes and didn't have any problems with their roto-zipping around the boxes. None of them were damaged. They completely covered one but found it thanks to the pictures I had taken before they got there.

Dawn,

The only way to know for sure is to contact your local code enforcement agency. But, here's how I look at it; if there are plastic 120v boxes used in your area, then you are most likley ok.

I think you might find that in areas where they run conduit or BX (flexible metal sheathed) the ground is the metal conduit, which needs a conductive (metal) box to maintain conductivity. Romex cable has the bare wire that should link through the boxes and connect to devices to provide the ground. This should not be confused with the white nuetral.

Make friends with a local electrician or talk to an inspector about what they require.

Archived