C4 Forums | Control4

Apple Bridge & Pairing To Homekit

I noticed this post that says the EA5 is supposed to show up in the Home app.

My EA5 does not show up there.  Perhaps this is why I keep getting the "Uanble to complete Apple TV integration" error when trying to Enable Control.

Does anyone know how to add the EA5 to Homekit?

AFAIK, the C4 Controller (EA5) isn't supposed to "appear" in the sense of show up as icon, but rather C4 (via C4 iPhone app and "Home" iPhone app on your phone) installs a Homekit Bridge (allowing Homekit to talk to non native devices) and then, for each Apple TV in the system, is installs a "device" that is basically a virtual remote control for the Apple TV (which is actually the EA5).

Forgetting about C4, do you have Homekit set up on your phone and working with other devices?

6 hours ago, cnicholson said:

AFAIK, the C4 Controller (EA5) isn't supposed to "appear" in the sense of show up as icon, but rather C4 (via C4 iPhone app and "Home" iPhone app on your phone) installs a Homekit Bridge (allowing Homekit to talk to non native devices) and then, for each Apple TV in the system, is installs a "device" that is basically a virtual remote control for the Apple TV (which is actually the EA5).

Forgetting about C4, do you have Homekit set up on your phone and working with other devices?

When you say working with other devices what do you mean.  HomeKit is installed and I can remotely Control my AppleTV via the virtual remote on my iPhone.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 2:35 AM, ajd123 said:

When you say working with other devices what do you mean.  HomeKit is installed and I can remotely Control my AppleTV via the virtual remote on my iPhone.

I mean: able to control other devices (like Apple TV) via the "Home" app on your iPhone, not just via the built-in Apple TV remote widget.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.