C4 Forums | Control4

New HVAC with VRF system integration ?

1 hour ago, georgetv said:

New apartment unit with Samsung VRF-S system.  5 indoor zones with wired controller therm at each.  I m looking at cool smart and intesis box.  No experience with either.  Any suggestions??? Many thanks. 

Are u in US? Check https://coolautomation.com/home-building-automation/control4-and-vrf-hvac-integration-and-control/

2 hours ago, georgetv said:

yes i am inm US  thanks... i have llooked into this and the Intesis box as well... was curious if other lower cost fixes..

Well, there is a cheaper solution but will be IR not IP, it’s reliable for me, it’s very close to being a true feedback, it involves Sensibo, I use for all my split units in my home. Chowmain have a C4 driver for it, TCO will be a fraction of Intesis and other VRF solutions!

https://sensibo.com/

I use CoolMasterNet with VRF Mitsubishi City Multi split systems (but I think it works with basically all VRF systems).   Maybe overkill for your situation, but it works great.  I have five "outside units" (compressors) and 20 indoor zones.  Instead of physical wall thermostats, I have "under the paint" temperature probes.   Again, perhaps not applicable to an existing install, but the money saved (and clean look) from skipping wall thermostats more than pays for the CoolMasterNet box (for large systems, anyway).   It is sold via Control4 and has free supported driver.  

I use CoolMasterNet for the central aircon (12 or 13 zones) at my beach house and Intesis for 2 stand alone units and Sensibo for one standalone unit.

CoolMasterNet is definitely the best of the 3 (mainly because) it has commands like all zones off built in.  The other 2 are similar. I prefer Sensibo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.