C4 Forums | Control4

Infrared Outdoor Security Cameras

sciancio

Related and thread relevant Question.

I have the Panasonic BB-HCM531A but it has no low light level ability whatsoever. Do I have to "activate" the Night View Mode or does it just work at night? If so how do you activate it through the control4 interface?

And does anyone know if Night View Mode works by infrared? Could we add infrared illuminators to make these cameras work even better at night?

• 2 months later...
Have you looked into Mobotix?

The Mobotix cameras would never pass my wife's aesthetic requirements (or mine actually) so I haven't even looked at their specs.

I would really like to try and get this ACTi 1231 ip bullet camera to work. It meets my criteria of: aesthetics, IP, infrared, POE. Its capable of a higher resolution than the Toshiba and control4 max of 640x480, so if in C4 2.0 or later you could increase resolution, this could do it. My dealer got one in, but was unable to get it working with Control4. I'm not sure how knowledgeable my installer is with security cameras and programming, he doesn't do much out of his comfort zone of Panasonic & Axis cameras, which do not meet my criteria. So now I'm kind of stuck.

http://www.acti.com/product/detail/Megapixel_IP_Box_Bullet_Camera/ACM-1231_ACM-1232

ACM-1231_1232_450.jpg

If Codeman or anyone could look at the specs of this camera, and tell me if this camera should or shouldn't work with control4, I would be VERY VERY VERY grateful!!!

http://www.acti.com/download_file/Product/datasheet/ACM-1231_ACM-1232_ds.pdf

On the panasonic cameras the "night view" mode will automatically activate when it senses ambient lighting is too low for regular use.

For low-lux applications you are better off using a good analog camera with IR illuminator and an IP camera server unless you want to spend $$$ for a good IP camera with low light options.

On the panasonic cameras the "night view" mode will automatically activate when it senses ambient lighting is too low for regular use.

For low-lux applications you are better off using a good analog camera with IR illuminator and an IP camera server unless you want to spend $$$ for a good IP camera with low light options.

I am not interested in any of the Panasonic cameras, or an analog camera. Can anyone tell me if the ACTi 1231's specs comply with Control4? Please?

• 7 months later...

Archived