C4 Forums | Control4

Keypad Dimmer LED Programming

I have a button on a keypad dimmer that turns a music scene off/on. 

First press turns on the music scene, second press turns off the music scene. 

The LED for the button is programmed to BLUE when on and BLACK when off.

This works most of the time so long as I use the keypad button to turn the music ON or OFF.  

When I use Alexa to trigger a voice scene to turn the music on or off, the LED gets out of sync.

Any suggestions how to program this so the LED programming works regardless of the method used (button press or voice control) to turn on the scene?

Maybe I have to add a couple lines of programming to the Voice Scenes (Turn On Music / Turn Off Music)?  

LED Keypad Programming.jpg

Turn On Music (Voice Scene).jpg

Turn Off Music (Voice Scene).jpg

12 minutes ago, c4toys said:

will work yes. could use a macro and have button or alexa trigger the macro. keeps programming in one place and also helps later for troubleshooting, driver issues, etc

Good suggestion.

3 hours ago, c4toys said:

will work yes. could use a macro and have button or alexa trigger the macro. keeps programming in one place and also helps later for troubleshooting, driver issues, etc

So next issue.  If I turn off the session via the Control4 iOS app, once again the keypad LED will be out of sync.  Any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Move all your programming to zone off. And don't spread it out 

This.  For clarity, change the LED colour to blue when the room is turned on and to black when it is turned off.  This will then work irrespective of whether you use the keypad, a voice command or an iPad or T3 to turn music on / off.

Also, you don’t need the 2 lines for each LED colour change.  You only need one line of code for blue LEDs and one for black (not the 2 that you have).

Finally, I doubt that you really need your music toggle variable in your setup.  My coding (preferably in a macro which is called from the button press or a voice scene) for this setup would be:

If room power is on then 

Turn room off

else 

Play music

And then on room power off / on, I would change the LED colour to black / blue

3 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

change the LED colour to blue when the room is turned on and to black when it is turned off.

But the "music" button is not a room itself.  It is a button inside a room. 

I only want the LED for the Music button on the keypad dimmer to be BLUE when the music session is active and BLACK when there is no session active.

I am probably not understanding what you are saying (since this is a hobby not my profession).

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Program off the room control driver in the room that drives the keypad

This and if you don’t have the room control driver then program against the power state of the room itself.  

The reason you program against the room (and not the keypad) is so that however the music is turned on (or off) it still turns the LED on this (and potentially other) keypad(s) on (or off).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.