C4 Forums | Control4

Advanced Lighting

44 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

The amount of time it would take to ramp/fade the scene when pressing and holding a button with that scene bound to it. 

OK, still don't really understand. 

Needless to say, I needed to "exclude" these lights for my Advanced Lighting program in order to get my "strobe light" timer working for exterior lighting to flash off/on during and alarm event.

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

If you aren't tying the lightning seem to a keypad then it doesn't matter what they're set at

Lighting scene is just tied to a timer.  Was not working at that time.  Every how many seconds would you set the timer to repeat (toggle the lighting scene)?

1 hour ago, ajd123 said:

Lighting scene is just tied to a timer.  Was not working at that time.  Every how many seconds would you set the timer to repeat (toggle the lighting scene)?

I wouldn't toggle the lighting scene at all - there is a 'show flash option' in scenes that will to do an automatic on/off (set flash to yes, select a light to flash 'yes' and set the in between time, then apply to all)

Then just program the timer to on expire trigger the scene and it will go on and off.

How long the above flash time is and the timer should be depends a bit on what and how much lighting. I would suggest a 3 second flash and a timer run time of 5 seconds to start. You'll just have to run it to see if it causes popcorn or other delays after a minute or two. You can 'tighten' the time from there.

Oh and hold/ramp option as mentioned won't matter assuming you're just activating the scene.

2 hours ago, Cyknight said:

I wouldn't toggle the lighting scene at all - there is a 'show flash option' in scenes that will to do an automatic on/off (set flash to yes, select a light to flash 'yes' and set the in between time, then apply to all)

Then just program the timer to on expire trigger the scene and it will go on and off.

How long the above flash time is and the timer should be depends a bit on what and how much lighting. I would suggest a 3 second flash and a timer run time of 5 seconds to start. You'll just have to run it to see if it causes popcorn or other delays after a minute or two. You can 'tighten' the time from there.

Oh and hold/ramp option as mentioned won't matter assuming you're just activating the scene.

Great pro tip.  This works much better than the toggle method. 

When you say "set the in between time" do you mean the "Delay"? 

I have it set as follows (see attached picture).

Even without the timer programmed, once the scene is activated, it just runs endlessly.  The only way I can get it to stop is by actually deleting the load.

What am I doing wrong.

Alarm Flash Light.jpg

3 hours ago, ajd123 said:

When you say "set the in between time" do you mean the "Delay"?

yes

3 hours ago, ajd123 said:

What am I doing wrong.

Sorry I should have been clearer. Yes it keeps running - that's the point of a flash. The timer running isn't need, that should have read I'd keep the delay to 3 seconds. Ignore the timer thing, that was a broekn left over sentence that shouldn't be there.

To turn the flashing off, you simple program to DEACTIVATE the scene on alarm cleared.

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

To turn the flashing off, you simple program to DEACTIVATE the scene on alarm cleared.

I tried this, but the option to deactivate is not available (see attached picture), but the lights continue to flash on/off.

Strobe Light Not Turning Off.jpg

The option to deactivate it isn't available cuz it's currently not active. Once you activate it the option to deactivate it becomes available. In your programming. You can always send it. Deactivate a scene but it won't necessarily do anything unless the scene is active

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

The option to deactivate it isn't available cuz it's currently not active. Once you activate it the option to deactivate it becomes available. In your programming. You can always send it. Deactivate a scene but it won't necessarily do anything unless the scene is active

Then why do the lights continue to flash on/off if the scene is no longer active?

9 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Indeed, something's off there: Mitch can certainly look and see more details but...what lighting devices are you using? Particularly is it 3rd party? if so this might be a tracking issue.

All the lights being controlled or OEM control for dimmer switches. I tried to use the flash option on Lutron switches in a different room for testing and it did not work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.