C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE does not load right, and unable to load saved backups?

NkySpike65

Hi all,

Still learning new things from everyone here, and have been reading all the posts I can...

One thing I could not find here when I search it was "Composer not loading correctly or not loading saved backups"...

One thing I keep getting when I start Composer is right before it load the main screen I get an error telling me:

"The Composer portion of the drive for ,"MAIN REMOTE" failed to initialize... Some of the functionality may fail to work correctly with Composer"

http://img.villagephotos.com/imageview.aspx?i=26026669 (sorry tried to load photo)

After I click OK, every thing loads and I am able to make changes... I can also save backups as with out a problem...

But, I have also noticed that I am unable to load any saved backups... I get the same error message telling me the same thing:

"The Composer portion of the drive for ,"MAIN REMOTE" failed to initialize... Some of the functionality may fail to work correctly with Composer"

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2009-8/1344260/Composer%20loading%20backup002.jpg

I afraid to do any more changes to my system, because if I really make a mistake then there is no way to go back to any of my saves...

I am running Composer HE 1.6.0.486 and Director version 1.7.3.68, I have tried running Composer on Vista & Windows XP, but keep getting the same thing happening on both PC's...

Any help would be grateful, Thanks...

David

THANK YOU, ILoveC4

It worked great!!!!

I can't believe I waited two weeks before I decided to post this question, and took less then a day to get an answer and it to work like it was ment to....

I love this place ( in a manly way, of course.. lol )

Thanks for all your help...

David

THANK YOU, ILoveC4

It worked great!!!!

I can't believe I waited two months for my installer to do this, waited two weeks before I decided to post this question, and took less then a day to get an answer and it to work like it was ment to....

I love this place ( in a manly way, of course.. lol )

Thanks for all your help...

David

No problem, I've been there. Just remember, that is for version 1.7.3.68. I obviously have no way to verify that is the version you're on, so preceed at your own risk.

I do not know why they make the links to ComposerHE so hard to find, it is very frustrating.

ILoveC4 or anyone else, Any chance you have a link to version 1.8.2.56194?

My system was installed last week with the latest edition. My dealer "had to order" HE and it arrived today. It was version 1.6. I am very disappointed. Not to mention I can't get my thermostat to behave properly.

Archived