C4 Forums | Control4

20inch c4 touchscreen?

big.bigs

I have the "win navigator" as it is called. Yes, the one that theoretically doesn't exist. I can tell you that what is shown in the video is either a much newer and more optimized version of what I have (mine is about 8 months old). The Win Navigator is "crashy" to say the least. I haven't used it in months because it is such an unreliable interface. In fact, I haven't ever used it other than playing around.

Please don't email me and ask if I can send it to you or ask where I got it. The fact of the matter is as much as you think you might want it, you don't =)

I've never understood people's obsession with touch screens. A mouse or remote control is infinitely faster, and you don't get people's greasy paws all over the screen. Small touch screens have their place, but it is limited, IMO.

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...
I've never understood people's obsession with touch screens. A mouse or remote control is infinitely faster' date=' and you don't get people's greasy paws all over the screen. Small touch screens have their place, but it is limited, IMO.[/quote']

Agreed.

To some extent I agree with you, but in many situations a touch screen is nice. I work a lot of trade shows (I handle the A/V) and one of the most requested and used products is a 46" touch screen and 9 times out of 10 the software we run on it IS faster with touch than using a mouse or remote. But all of those programs are properly designed for a touchscreen interface (which makes all the difference)

Robert

Archived