C4 Forums | Control4

Why Sonos Maintains a Closed Architecture

tebery

Become a Control4 Partner' date=' most likely.

"The rapidly growing Control4® Partner Ecosystem includes leading manufacturers such as Black & Decker, LG Electronics, Panasonic, Pioneer and Sony, as well as industry leaders in energy control, home security, smart lighting, and other smart home device categories. Would you like to join them? Visit www.control4.com/partners or contact us at partners@control4.com."[/quote']

How are individual programmers that want to create drivers and sell for $5 - $50 going to join the ranks with Panasonic, Pionner, Sony, Black & Decker, LG Electronics, etc... Programmers interested in doing this aren't "industry leaders in smart home device categories".

If they want this app store to flourish at all the need a developers program.

Because until this happens:

There is currently no developers program, but that may change going forward, after the app SDKs are actually available.

RyanE

I don't know of any other way, other than becoming a dealer - and we're just speculating.

...I started off writing home "automation" software on an Commodore64..way back in early 80'ss....took me all day to get that darn pingpong bat to go up and down in BASICV2...does that qualify me! :lol:

..Now for an update on Flash and app SDK's..just where can I go? There must be an online course somewhere....

...I started off writing home "automation" software on an Commodore64..way back in early 80'ss....took me all day to get that darn pingpong bat to go up and down in BASICV2...does that qualify me! :lol:

..Now for an update on Flash and app SDK's..just where can I go? There must be an online course somewhere....

You must have missed Ryan's post:

There is currently no developers program, but that may change going forward, after the app SDKs are actually available.

RyanE

2.0 isn't out yet. Can we give this all a rest until then?

Archived