C4 Forums | Control4

V1 Tablet is dead after upgrade from 1.73.68 to 1.7.4.36 - need help!

dmcvie

So My dealer is non-responsive after a failed update of my 10.5 touchscreen from 1.73.68 to 1.7.4.36. :(

As I understand it there is a CF card in the device that holds the OS image. Is there a dealer out there that (for a fee) can re-flash the CF with a good image so I can resurrect it? I really don’t want to throw away a perfectly good device for a simple issue.

Thanks

Dave

Your dealer should be able to do a USB restore stick on it.

I don't have any 10.5's any more, but I had three of them for a long time. It was not uncommon for them to hang during the update process, which would require a reboot.

What's wrong with the touchpanel? Does is just display the white Control4 screen, or what?

As far as I can see there is no USB connection on the panel. The panel is stuck on shutting down services and hangs at that screen. As i mentioned, my dealer is non-responsive and I need to get this fixed. Its one of the three ways I drive my C4 system and its the main one in the theater.

Dave

Thanks ILoveC4,

I only posted this after 3 weeks of trying to get some help from my dealer. I've tried the power button (will try agina tonight) but I think the experience is the same once it restarts.

Did you try hitting the reset button?

Yes, the dealer started the update, then left. "this could take a wile and will restart when its done.Call me if you have any questions" - that was 3 weeks ago and 5 emails and 7 phone calls. "I'm super busy ona project, I'll get back to you as soon as I can".

So, yes I need a new CF card - or mine updated. Can one of you dealers help me out or point me in the right direction to resolve this?

Thanks

Thanks - I'm asking for a dealer to come forward and offer (for a fee) to fix this for me. I cant see a USB port on the unit (its a V1). I'd leave that for a dealer to instruct me or do it. I can mail a CF card anywhere in the world. Just need a dealer willing to do it, and has the experience/knowledge..

Archived