C4 Forums | Control4

How to set lights to dim up & down when the alarm is triggered?

NkySpike65

One of the many reasons I decided on C4 was the demo on the alarm system triggering and it going though a program "turning off the HVAC, turning on the lights, etc....

Just go to 2:40 into the video and you will know what I mean.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtkaxPxat_o&feature=related

What I am trying to do is have the outside lights (Front Porch & Back Deck) dim up and down repeatedly until I disarm the alarm....

I was thinking about have them dim up & down between 25% & 100%..... Not to dark that at times you can't see where you are going, but enough to get attention from people...

This is what I have set up so far.....

Any info would be great.....

Thanks David...

Not wanting a strobe effect...... If coming out of a smokey house in the middle of the night ( yourself, family members, or even visiting guest ) already in a panic mod having to pace yourself by waiting for the light to come back on to see were your going, not good....

Even a chance of blowing bulbs while trying to see were you are going.... Turning the bulbs on one second then off the next second, in one minute you turn lights off & on 30 times, 5 min = 150 times, 30 min = 900 times, hoping fire truck will be there in an half an hour...

I think it would be better even at night to have a full to a mid low amount of light, then full on and off in that type of situation....

Even a chance of blowing bulbs while trying to see were you are going.... Turning the bulbs on one second then off the next second, in one minute you turn lights off & on 30 times, 5 min = 150 times, 30 min = 900 times,

It won't be exactly 1Hz- the controller is being doing other things. Not that it really matters...

Archived