C4 Forums | Control4

Compose HE: Is there a Features list?

isanabria

The Costa Rican dealer is telling me that I can't do setting up nor a lot of programming with Compose HE; therefore I should pay him by the hour to do it with Composer Pro (with descent mortals don't have access to). Of course, he did not disclose this at selling time but later on.

Where can I find out what it is exactly what Composer HE will and will not allow me to do?

Is there a place where where the Composer Pro and Composer HE are compared?

Thanks!

Isn't the option of using "loops" in programming only available in PRO too?

Yes, but if you can find a use for a loop then I will buy you a cookie. I have never used one, nor have I ever seen one used. I've heard they were used on rare occasions prior to the "timer" agent being created, but like I said I have never seen it.

I also have seen no need for the loop functionality, and I have quite an extensive system setup, with more programming than you can shake a stick at.

Timers are the new hotness. Loops were useful before timers, but now, just another way for newbies to hang their system.

RyanE

I also have seen no need for the loop functionality, and I have quite an extensive system setup, with more programming than you can shake a stick at.

Timers are the new hotness. Loops were useful before timers, but now, just another way for newbies to hang their system.

RyanE

Precisely why I didn't mention it...

There you have it, "straight from the horses mouth". Loops are not necessary, at all.

Isn't the option of using "loops" in programming only available in PRO too?

Yes' date=' but if you can find a use for a loop then I will buy you a cookie. I have never used one, nor have I ever seen one used. I've heard they were used on rare occasions prior to the "timer" agent being created, but like I said I have never seen it.[/quote']

Hey! I was just trying to impress with my uber knowledge, that's all... :D

.....and I wanted that cookie bad..... Argh!

Thanks for the answers. I am curious to start programming without loops!! :-) Not that I was planning to!!

Now I know that, unlike Composer HE, Composer PRO also has the tools to install and configure new equipment.

Where can I find the Composer Features list? I pressume there is user/programmer manual, isn't there?

Archived