C4 Forums | Control4

Wanted: 1 or 2 v2 remotes

rhonsberger

I have one v1 remote (that's the one without the color buttons, right?) The back says "Model Number RCZ-SRC1-B System Remote Control"

It also doesn't have the plastic battery cover. It works fine though.

The one with no colored buttons is a V1, and the one that looks just like the V1 but with colored buttons is a V2.

And the ones with *black* keys and no color buttons (except the '4') is a really old v.1.

RyanE

I still have one of those! It controls the volume on the speaker point in my kitchen, also programmed the * button to turn on the iPod there. Of course now, I'm going to have to replace it with an SR soon, since it isn't supported in 1.8 or higher. I thought about integrating it into my parents place as a spare remote but they are too easily confused and would expect it to work like the V2.

Robert

In case you aren't aware Neil, these remotes don't work with Zigbee Pro (IE: 1.8 and higher).

I had one old one and the lcd cracked but yeah Dan you most probably right, its time to move on. So does someone have a sr250 for me a a friendly price.

I'm also looking for an interface NX587e.

so you can use the NX-587E as like a touch screen ?

It is not a touch screen. It is a module that allows you to hookup the alarm panel to various automation systems. After the NX-587E is installed and integrated to C4 you can control the alarm system from C4 and get status info from the alarm.

Example. If you have a contact sensor on your front door then the alarm system can tell C4 when the front door has opened or closed. C4 can then use that status information about your front door to turn lights on and off.

Archived