C4 Forums | Control4

Sony BDP-CX960 Bluray Changer

Ringold

I have the new Sony bd changer. It works great and accesses the gracenote database for the coverart. I have to use the sony navigation right now instead of the c4 gui. I would like to be able to enter disc data via composer and use the c4 gui (because it is nicer and more seamless), but right now the c4 driver can not properly access the correct dvd location. I am not sure how Sony accesses the correct disc and assume it uses an internal mechanism to do this function. Can anyone help me program a driver to allow c4 to access the right disc on the Sony???? (I know that the more expensive bd changer has an rs232 connection to allow for this, but I assume there is a way to this with the 960, as it has been done on older units in the past without an rs232 connection)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

it can be done with an IR driver but there is no way for C4 to know what state the player is in, IR is one way, RS232 is two way communitation

And it must just be a pet peeve of mine but why do people have to post the same darn thing in two threads on this forum???

it can be done with an IR driver but there is no way for C4 to know what state the player is in, IR is one way, RS232 is two way communitation

And it must just be a pet peeve of mine but why do people have to post the same darn thing in two threads on this forum???

My pet peeve as well.

Hey OP, read your other thread to see my response.

Archived